Good Debit Card rejected.........

Seth Haniel 08:50 24 Jul 08

Signed up to GenesReunited in January using Paypal for 6 months - as the time is up GR tried to renew subscription but failed saying card had changed or was invalid - it still has over a year to go and still works everywhere else - no PayPal have emailed me to delete card details.

A I don't have a credit card the only way to pay or renewal of GR is by cheque

As to PayPal I will just apply as a new customer
;(

GRIDD 10:24 24 Jul 08

Just re add your card to paypal. They for some reason did it with mine, a glitch in the system it must be, and I re added the card with no more problems.

€dstowe 10:33 24 Jul 08

I had a business credit card which was invariably refused on the first attempt on Internet transactions. If I tried a second time it usually worked. Occasionally it took two extra tries.

I told the card company and they sent me a new card - looking the same except for the three digit code on the back. That one worked with no problem.

spuds 11:07 24 Jul 08

Credit and Debit cards can and do have sensitive moments.

The other week I tried to pay the TV licence on-line, and the payment was refused. Telephoned the licence people to complete the transaction, and the adviser informed me that the transaction couldn't be processed, "as there was a problem with the card". I offered another card, and the transaction was completed.

Later that day, I used the 'rejected' card in two other establishments, informing the retailer that there might be a problem with the card, but I wanted to check it. Both transactions went through without a problem, and the same card as been used many times since, without any hints of a problem.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:52 24 Jul 08

If your three digit code on the back is 000 it will be rejected on internet sites becuase of authorisation but work OK as chip and pin.

code is worked out by a combination of start and expiry dates (months and years).

just been through it with my new card had three before the code was changed (finally got through to a human being).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…