Golden Wedding

Ancient Learner 21:03 09 Mar 08

Has anyone any bright ideas of what a husband (me) can give his wife.
I've thought and thought and really haven't got a solution. A large problem being that I can't can't cope with shops these days, even small ones exhaust me - breathing problems. the Mint has some nice pendants, but I'm not at all sure.

Knowing that there are many here with inventive minds perhaps something might be forthcoming.

MAT ALAN 21:08 09 Mar 08

click here

you can order online, ya could even start to collect them...

bluto1 21:40 09 Mar 08

First of all many congratulations on a half century not out. If I survive to my 50th I intend to buy us both a present. Two gold goblets. We both like a decent red now and again and as long as the goblets are hall marked a minimum of 9ct I'll be happy. Just a thought old mate.

Acx 21:58 09 Mar 08

For my parents Silver Wedding we organized a surprise away weekend for the whole family (siblings/partners grandchildren etc and gave them an engraved silver photo frame (engraved to Mum and Dad on your Silver Wedding from etc etc etc (a photo of the occasion was added to the frame later), My mum thought this was one the best things ever.

Variation on a theme, organize the weekend/dayout, get a good photographer (important), engrave it to to your wife from the rest of you on your Golden Wedding.

congratulations. there are some ideas click here i dont think i shall have a golden wedding as i have promised myself i shall not get married until i am aged 60 or until i start acting like an adult (whichever comes first)

Noels 22:26 09 Mar 08

My wife and I celebrated our Golden Wedding last August and like you I was lost for ideas. However I thought I would buy her a nice golden broach.The trouble is that most jewellers are now chain shop jewellers with very little choice.So I was stuck with only a couple of days to go. Help!
I just happened to find the one and only jewellers in our area and looking in his window saw a lovely cameo broach (not cheap) but worth 50 years.
My wife had always wanted to return to "The Queens Arms" at Troutbeck in the lake district where he first went many years ago. Our children arranged a champagne welcome for us.
I was able to give my wife the cameo broach.Whereupon she burst into tears because she said thats what she always wanted.
"Ancient Learner" Its not easy but just show you love and care as I'm sure you do.
Regards
Noels

WhiteTruckMan 22:47 09 Mar 08

how about a trip to church to renew your wedding vows? Maybe even the same place you got married in, if feasable?

If this floats your boat, and budget allows, maybe even hire a photographer and get some proper pics done. See if you can get all the family involved as well.

WTM

oh-and congats, too!

Totally-braindead 23:29 09 Mar 08

A family get together for a nice meal is my sort of thing, especially if you can manage to get friends and family that haven't been seen for a while and get them all to bring cameras and get a copy of all the shots, or the best from each person.

Quickbeam 00:34 10 Mar 08

What about something simple like an inscription on the rings, or if there was only one ring (common 50 years ago) have one yourself.

finlay.mitchel 03:08 10 Mar 08

An 80ft yacht and a pleasant anchorage.

Quickbeam 07:52 10 Mar 08

Suggestion is definitely the one to splash out on :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac