Going on your travels? come the day

jack 14:20 17 Oct 09

No documents/tickets.
You have to leave at the crack of dawn or even the night before to catch your flight/ship.
Postie has not come up with the goods - has this happened to you?
It could happen to me and many others this coming week with the coming post strike.

If it has happened to you in the past - what did you do or your travel company do?

Woolwell 14:46 17 Oct 09

All my air tickets, hotel bookings, vouchers, etc arrive by e-mail. Check in on-line. The only problem may lie with a passport renewal but if you leave it that late then you could be asking for trouble.

Forum Editor 15:59 17 Oct 09

the last time an airline ticket came in the post - I make all my travel and accommodation arrangements on-line, as do millions of other people.

jack 16:14 17 Oct 09

The possibility of some form of disruption, I telephoned the cruise company- They responded that all their material had gone out to agents before the end of last month.
Telephoned the agent- Got the standard response -
'No we do not E-ticket- don't know about the strike situation.
Here is keeping fingers crossed as this morning I received[In Kent] a package from Bradford posted yesterday. The travel co is in Colchester perhaps I am getting a little over anxious- but as I travel on the 27th---all digits crossed Eh!

Forum Editor 18:32 17 Oct 09

You'll be fine. Start phoning if nothing comes by 21st.

anchor 12:14 18 Oct 09

FE: Perhaps some charter airlines are different,

Last month we flew to Crete by Monarch Airlines, (surely one of the larger charter companies). The booking had been made some months previously on the web, and the money paid. The tickets arrived by Royal Mail about 2 weeks prior to departure.

In contrast we have booked with Easy Jet to fly to Spain next January. I have already printed out the tickets to present at check-in.

Forum Editor 12:38 18 Oct 09

Monarch operates a full on-line booking and seat reservation service on scheduled flights. Flight itinerary details are emailed to you, and include a booking reference number which you take to the airport with you.

I don't know anything about the company's charter operations - they obviously differ, as you discovered.

wee eddie 15:35 18 Oct 09

I noticed that the Senior Card runs out between Booking and Travel Date > Order a replacement 3 Year one > 20 days later and it's not arrived > Contact SRC Sellers > They say it has been posted 4 days after Ordered > So 16 days and still not arrived > 3 days later and 2 days before travel and still no Card > Need it to Validate Ticket > They, the SRC Folk recommend travelling with a Print Out of the Payment Receipt > Journey down to Bath > Ticket Collector accepts explanation and Print Out as suitable validation.

Return journey ~ 5 days later > Ticket Collector will not accept explanation and says that I should have to pay Full Fare > Only backs down after several other passengers explain to her that if it had not arrived before I left home, 5 days ago, there was no way I could get it until I returned Home > Much relief as I was going to have to Pay the Full fare according to her.

jack 16:44 18 Oct 09

for all your wisdom and to FE for telling me to hang on in until Wednesday before getting on the talking bone.
The original post asked - Had any one been in a situation where doc simply had not arrived in due time, if so what occured?

wee eddie gave the lie to that one on his train journey.
I too have the final payment invoice/receipt in my doc., wallet
Time will tell.

spuds 18:57 19 Oct 09

In my travelling days, many a time I arrived at Heathrow and other ports of call with no documents at all. Usually there was a nice cheerful lady or gentleman waiting with all the necessaries. That arrangement never failed once, over a number of years (thank heaven).

I could perhaps see how the second ticket inspector on wee eddies journey was a bit concerned. Computer print-outs can be a possible forgery, hence some organizations will not accept photocopies of documents.

jack 12:05 20 Oct 09

They arrived in this mornings post.
All I have to do now is to find enough decent underwear, darn sox, press trousers and jackets and pack it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5