going to Singapore

Blubottle 15:08 15 Sep 05

I am going to Singapore en-route to Oz. Any advice on were to shop for electricals ect, and any experiences good/bad in this area.
regards

patsyanne 15:49 15 Sep 05

Not being funny but have you tried here click here on the computer and camera page some kind sole will say they have been to Singapore and tell you what shops to head for .

SANTOS7 16:52 15 Sep 05

click here
hope this helps, good luck......

Forum Editor 22:40 15 Sep 05

but I have never once found anything in the consumer electronics field that I couldn't buy just as cheaply by shopping around in the UK.

Admittedly I don't usually have much time to do a lot of shopping whilst I'm there, but I've been going regularly for a number of years, and know the place pretty well. I also go to Hong Kong a lot, and the shopping is better there.

Look around online, and you'll probably match any prices you see in Singapore. If you buy something in Singapore and it goes wrong in the UK (or Australia) you'll have great difficulty in getting any customer service.

Forum Editor 22:45 15 Sep 05

Go to Sim Lim Square - good for consumer electronics, and the Funan centre - computer heaven.

Blubottle 12:38 16 Sep 05

Many thanks FE for useful info, also patsyanne & santos7 for your input. I will be there for 3 days and will obviously go shopping with my wife and you can bet your life I'll get the want's.
regards
Bluebottle

€dstowe 13:28 16 Sep 05

There is also a lot of tat and rubbish for sale - in everything, not just computer stuff. You can also guarantee that most of the software is pirated. I happened to be in Singapore the day Windows XP was launched. It was on sale in the markets within minutes and not a single copy of it was genuine.

Forum Editor 18:38 16 Sep 05

make a point of going to eat in one of the waterfront restaurants - the ones facing the harbour. They're patronised by the locals, and although they might not look as glamorous as the tourist places the food (particularly the seafood) is the best. Eat inside, not on the outside tables. They look enticing, and they are - to millions of flies.

quack 21:38 19 Sep 05

I spent two very happy years in Singapore but never once found any computer stores. Mind you it was 1958-60

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…