going home to die

mobileman1953 18:17 16 Mar 10

click here

was it right to release him or not whats your opinion

jakimo 18:27 16 Mar 10

The Scots were always known for saving a few pennies

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:52 16 Mar 10

An absolutely marvellous turn of events. The Scots are to be congratulated for their excellent nursing care...so good that they though he only had months to live and strike me sideways, suddenly a drug is discovered that will keep him alive for an extended period. I would never have guessed.

G

Forum Editor 18:54 16 Mar 10

that there was such a drug.

morddwyd 20:19 16 Mar 10

I shall be a bit surprised if Kenny MacAskil did.

As politicians go he has always struck me as more of the more straightforward ones, and genuinely believed this to be a compassionate release.

What that says about his judgement is a different matter!

morddwyd 20:34 16 Mar 10

"was it right to release him or not"

Doesn't matter if it was right or not.

That's the law - if all the experts say he is dying, the Justice Secretary really has no option.

MacAskill has probably considerably shortened his career by this decision, and he would have known that he will be tagged with this decision for the rest of his life before he took it.

Colin 13:12 17 Mar 10

Just my opinion, but I always thought that it was the Scots putting two fingers up to the American government and English parliament. "We did it, not because it was right, but because we can."

Bapou 17:03 17 Mar 10

I always thought it was about Libya investing a few billion in GB enterprises.

Bapou 17:12 17 Mar 10

The Mail's story yesterday,click here
includes a paragraph saying, over 30,000 people have visited him in his 'death' bed. Queues outside his home, small groups allowed in at a time for a chat.

Not exactly a picture of a very weak and dying man.

morddwyd 19:57 17 Mar 10

Colin's theory is a far more likely scenario than some suggested here.

Can you seriously believe that a government whose main and total aim is independence from GB would do anything to earn them a few coppers let alone a few billion?

wee eddie 23:47 17 Mar 10

I am always surprised that the legal profession takes the word of many of these, so called, Experts.

Maybe they would be a little more careful with their conclusions, if they were required to serve the unused portion of the sentence, or the new sentence in the case of a "re-offender", that was avoided as a result of their advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5