God save the village green...

Quickbeam 13:04 22 Jul 12

preservation society.

In this world of strife and mad massacres it's nice to live on our safe little island, preserving the old ways from being abused, protecting the new ways for me and for you. What more can we do...?

By the way I bought all four punnets of the gooseberries from the Hexthorpe & Crimpsall Allotment Society's stall. We're having some today fresh and the rest I'm going to to stew for a cold fool sauce tomorrow... yummy:)

spuds 14:31 22 Jul 12

Last time I looked, our local village green and the kid's play area was fenced off and under a few inches of water :O(

morddwyd 15:28 22 Jul 12

You mean the local repository for empty lager cans and dog poo?

Aitchbee 16:22 22 Jul 12

That gooseberry sauce'll go well with mackerel (morddwyd's tip.)

oresome 17:34 22 Jul 12

I'm afraid I live with 750,000 others, mainly on tarmac.

How come you've all got village greens?

And what are allotments?

carver 18:01 22 Jul 12

We have a village green, allotments, 3 livery yards, a well used church and 2 local pubs all within a 1 mile radius. Hacking for riding straight onto the moors and the local builders wonder why we try to protect it from them.

Aitchbee 18:02 22 Jul 12

We've gotta patch o'green (opposite Queens Park - Glasgow southside)...you could get about 50 football pitches on it...it has been used to host various big events over the summer, and the great thing is, it's always cleared after each attraction...back to green grass.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…