God has spoken

Dragon_Heart 17:42 01 Mar 11

He or she has looked into their crystal ball and seen the future.

They have deemed fit to pass on this knowledge to us mortals.

“PC Advisor forums will soon change their format”

Well I for one cant even understand their current 10 commandments.

For what it's worth here are my ideas :-

If the FE checks ALL opening threads why don’t THEY decide which forum it goes in. (Still awaiting a reply to my direct e-mail FE ! )

Many of the help titles are a little vague so how about sub titles like operating system, software or hardware, HD or optical etc.

If no activity in say 21 days close the thread.

A little more consistency with the FE's

birdface 17:54 01 Mar 11

The odd one slips into the wrong forum area apart from that everything is running as normal.
I did not like the way they changed it the last time but you get used to it after a while.
I was looking through speakers corner and I actually thought this heading was from the FE.

All my people love me.

It is a well run Forum with no nonsense allowed so I cannot see there being many changes.

octal 18:36 01 Mar 11

"If the FE checks ALL opening threads why don’t THEY decide which forum it goes in. (Still awaiting a reply to my direct e-mail FE ! )"

What makes you think it's possible to check each new thread? And who is THEY? I thought there is only one FE along with a couple of other helpers and I'm sure they have better things to do. I guess he was hoping some common sense might prevail in posting in the correct place.

Besides, if you play in someone's back yard, you play by their rules or you go elsewhere.

I think being a moderator on any forum is a difficult one, I wouldn't do the job that's for sure. You've probably heard the saying "You can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time" that just about sums up the moderators job.

Forum Editor 18:55 01 Mar 11

that you stop posting in such a sarcastic fashion, and you might get a more favourable reaction.

You've recently had a couple of threads moved. You're obviously irritated for some reason, but this isn't the way to handle it. Let the world take a turn, and you may feel that having a thread moved to a different forum area isn't such a terrible thing.

Consistency is obviously an ideal, but it isn't always possible - some things will slip through the net due to the pressure of work, and when that happens it happens. It's also not such a terrible thing. Human beings - like you and me and everyone else - occasionally fail to notice things.

ams4127 20:21 01 Mar 11

Into what, exactly? Or have I missed something?

jakimo 20:27 01 Mar 11

'If the FE checks ALL opening threads why don’t THEY decide which forum it goes in. (Still awaiting a reply to my direct e-mail FE !;

Perhaps you would like the FE to write your thread as well!

lotvic 20:40 01 Mar 11

Well it puzzled me why 2 of Dragon_Heart's threads were moved to Consumerwatch when they were clearly meant to be topics for general discussion IMHO.

Dragon_Heart 01:12 02 Mar 11

Bad day syndrome

Irritated ? No just a little puzzled, as are one or two others, as to why these two posts were moved.

Having a thread moved to a different forum area isn't such a terrible thing, nor is posting to the wrong forum but it was a FE who brought up the subject in one of their own posts !

If the FE who moved the posts made a human mistake then fine and just say so. If not I would like to ask, as politely as I can, for a reason why “when they were clearly meant to be topics for general discussion”. I always like to learn from my mistakes but without knowing what it is ….... !

Consumerwatch

Need some advice about what to buy and where to buy it? Not sure which supplier to use? Maybe your supplier treated you badly, or maybe you received excellent service. Perhaps you're not sure about current consumer legislation. Whether you want to air a complaint or hand out praise, share your experience with us all, here in Consumerwatch

Speakers Corner

This is the place for lively and thought-provoking debate with other forum members. There's no need to restrict discussions to computing, or computer related topics, but be warned... we don't condone religious intolerance, sexism, racism, bad language, personal abuse, partisan politics or libellous statements. The Forum Editor's decision on such matters is final, and posts which break the rules will be removed without prior warning.

I fully accept that “The Forum Editor's decision on such matters is final” and that all forum members as just 'guests' but as I said I am puzzled about the decision.

Thank you 'lotvic' for your 'support'

morddwyd 08:11 02 Mar 11

No just a little puzzled, as are one or two others, as to why these two posts were moved."

"The Forum Editor's decision on such matters is final"

I think that may be the reason.

birdface 11:02 02 Mar 11

Well I had to go to consumerwatch to have a look at why they were moved.
As they are consumer products you are discussing they should be in the Consumerwatch area.
I can't understand why there should be any arguement as to where they should be placed.

Terry Brown 15:56 02 Mar 11

The first question should be- Am I getting a good service for what I pay for?

The answer is You get a brilliant service for a FREE service, have a look at other web/magazine forums with a reader service and see what they offer.

As it has been said before, if you don't like it- go elsewhere, but you will be back.

Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…