Kev.Ifty 10:05 AM 26 May 12

Take a picture on your expensive camera of them gnats flying round in circles...

I can't get them little so and so's

Quickbeam 10:10 AM 26 May 12

Gnats to that.

WhiteTruckMan 10:19 AM 26 May 12

If you want a picture of them then I suggest you go to the fosters lager brewery where they can be seen queueing up waiting to be relieved of their (ahem) juices.

spuds 12:10 PM 26 May 12

I don't know if it still applies. But I remember the early days of wearing bright yellow jackets, and the flying insects always seemed to make a certain effort to cause annoyance.

If you want to try your camera out, then seek out a bat colony that's on the prowl for food. You might not see the bat's, but your camera should.

Would add that bat's are protected species, like some other flying objects, so seek out someone registered and licensed to help or assist.

Brumas 12:44 PM 26 May 12

WhiteTruckMan, I like ;o}

Condom 13:44 PM 26 May 12

When I first moved to London in the 60's I was always told that it was Watney's Red Barrell which the Gnats were alligned to;-)

finerty 02:05 AM 27 May 12

ring the red hotline and send out the bat signal and he be along soon with his buddie robbin

Aitchbee 10:05 AM 27 May 12

...if you want a really close-up still picture of gnats,(albeit, not in flying mode)...sticky yellow glue fly traps are an ideal canvas...your stationary photographic subjects (the gnats) will not move...much.

Aitchbee 21:12 PM 27 May 12

...then, if you want a really, really closer examination, pop the captive gnats under a microscope. 50 X magnification would be sufficient to bring out their true colours.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016