Gmail trial

VoG II 15:15 04 Sep 04

You've probably read about it click here

Well, I have 5 Gmail invitations waiting to be sent out. If you would like one of these, please contact me using the yellow envelope.

CurlyWhirly 16:22 04 Sep 04

I am sure I have read a few articles concerning privacy where they scan your e-mails to send TARGETED adverts?
It may or not be true.
CW

VoG II 16:27 04 Sep 04
  CurlyWhirly 16:58 04 Sep 04

After reading your link obviously 'scaremongering'.
CW

Belatucadrus 17:28 04 Sep 04

Message to:- VoG™

"If you have a spare invitation I wouldn't mind one VOG - I would like to evaluate Gmail so I know what I'm talking about when it crops up in the forum."

Maybe I should have confined this to 'envelope' stylee messaging, but it clearly isn't working and the message tickled me anyway.

VoG II 17:37 04 Sep 04

Thanks. FE's invite is on its way (if I remembered his e-mail address correctly).

Forum Editor 18:06 04 Sep 04

and I'm pleased that the message tickled you Belatucadrus. I received my invitation VoG™, and have signed up with Gmail.

It looks and feels much as I expected. I doubt that it will be of much use to me personally, but we'll see. I do like the sound of 'conversation grouping', it will help when searching for messages although I can do the same thing in Outlook 2003.

Charence 00:22 05 Sep 04

"scan your e-mails to send TARGETED adverts"

They don't send you ANYTHING. I've not received a piece of spam since I've been using GMail *touchwood*. What they do do is scan your e-mails to display targeted adverts, in the form of Google Adwords which can be seen on many websites.

Its actually much better than Hotmail, Yahoo, Lycos and the PCA site; all advertising is text only so it is far less intrusive.

I quite like the conversation grouping, labelling and simplicity of replying.

Charence

VoG II 09:50 05 Sep 04

I've still got 2 invitations waiting to be sent out :o)

Belatucadrus 12:01 05 Sep 04

VoG™ I received another of your envelope messages, as the envelopes are going astray, I've posted the details to you on Spikeychris non PCforum message board.

powerless 14:18 05 Sep 04

I've got 6 howz that?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…