gmail and spam

Kate B 14:21 11 Dec 04

I don't use my gmail account very much since it isn't pop3 but I just went and checked it - CHOCKA with spam! Is gmail the new hotmail?

Forum Editor 15:01 11 Dec 04

I think we all had a sneaking suspicion that this would be the case.

If was a spammer, sitting there with some software that generates random names for any domain I think I might give the poor old hotmail account holders a bit of a miss, and start generating a million or so names for Gmail.

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:19 11 Dec 04

Why am I not surprised?

G

smokingbeagle 15:25 11 Dec 04

and it is the one I've been using for newsletters / competitions etc.

bobbyburtie 16:14 11 Dec 04

I haven't had any in mine either, and it is now possible to set it up as a pop3 mail account.

Charence 16:32 11 Dec 04

I'm getting around 2 spam mail everyday now on my GMail account. I've not even used it to register for anything on the internet!

I lost internet access yesterday, and when I checked my Hotmail today, it had 22 spam mail. It's not so bad now because the bigger inbox sizes mean our mail accounts don't get full quite as quickly.

Charence

powerless 16:39 11 Dec 04

Amazingly Powerless does not care about spam anymore.

His gmail filterines are 100% effective at this time, and his POP3 is working like a charm.

VoG II 16:49 11 Dec 04

No spam on my GMail account.

g0nvs 16:58 11 Dec 04

None on mine either.

fourjays 17:42 11 Dec 04

I don't have a hotmail or gmail account. However, I get a minimum of 100 spams to my 'postmaster/webmaster' accounts (for my website) everyday. I am actually starting to find them a good morning read. I just can't help laughing at them.

Although I shouldn't really, as someone else will click the links and buy fraudulent goods from the spammers.

Charence 19:18 11 Dec 04

"His gmail filterines are 100% effective at this time"

Do you mean you've setup filters to block spam? How? Do enlighten us please!

Charence

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…