Gmail

Ade_1 18:35 03 Mar 06

Is anyone one else with a gmail account getting a load of junk in their spam folder, i know that myself and a friend or 2 are. Juyst wondered if it was just me or other peolpe are having trouble. Jsut to add, i dont give my gmail e-mail to anything if im signing up, only if it is somethign i know is trustworthy and obviously i make sure no 3rd party stuff is sent. But i am getting alot of spam and its starting to get anoying... If anyone else is having these problem would be great if you could tell me so i know im not the only one...

p;3 18:54 03 Mar 06

thought you might find what is on this link "interesting" reading

click here

Ade_1 19:30 03 Mar 06

thansk for that p;3 gives me a fair bit of info.

octal 19:50 03 Mar 06

I don't use Gmail myself, but its a very popular client and like most of the popular ones they all have their fair share of spam. I get a fair amount on my Yahoo account and even more on my Hotmail accounts and I haven't even used them! On my main account, which is a paid for version from Lycos, I get no spam at all, at the moment.

amonra 19:52 03 Mar 06

I have a GMail account, no problems. Yes there's a pile of spam in the junk folder but their filter seems to remove it so that it doesn't appear in the inbox. I am pretty careful with who gets to see my EM addresses but the spammers seem to latch on somehow. If you try to analyse the spam ID's you'll see they follow a pattern, AB BC CD DE names, with the same product in the message.

Ade_1 19:55 03 Mar 06

all the messages are from strange e-mail address and have been translateedd as they make no real sense whatsoever. Maybe i will just have to accept it. I can alwys have other address i suppose :), well if i get completely sick of it.

Forum Editor 22:40 03 Mar 06

who have avoided Gmail as if it was the plague, because we suspected that free lunches had not suddenly become the thing. I'm always surprised when I hear that some people have so many different email accounts - I have never had more than two; my own business address and the one that the magazine provides for me. Neither of them seems to collect much spam.

VoG II 22:56 03 Mar 06

I have a Gmail account although I don't actively use it. I've just checked and I have nothing new in my Inbox and 16 spams. How they can tell that I'm under-endowed just from my e-mail address is baffling!

p;3 00:45 04 Mar 06

of interest; I have just checked my server and have attempted to delete all on it, including stuff in the trash bin; no spam found but I was greeted by the message

"No conversations in the Trash. Who needs to delete when you have over 2000 MB of storage?!"

THAT should give cause for concern? surely if one askes for mails to be deleted that is what should happen? the inference from this message is that they DO stay there despite my request to delete them permanently; does that give others cause to worry too?

p;3 00:56 04 Mar 06

I also get a message that says"your browsers cache is full and may interfere with your google mail expereience;;"fix this " hide this""; I know it is not full; so what are they also up to?

perhaps trying, in their own particular way , to "infect" the pc?

p;3 01:08 04 Mar 06

you may also find in "interesting " to read the g mail privacy policy; I am not sure I can give a safe link to it; what I have read just confirms some of my msigivings with it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017