Glut of 'Free' ipods on doormat

Seth Haniel 15:21 05 Jul 07

one of my relatives recieved a package from China last week with an 'iPod' in, no note or anything else - it coincided within days of his birthday - so he thought it may be from someone he knew - this week two more have landed on the doormat - from the same source - unless they are prizes that are often bandied at the top of websites for online bookings.....
keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn't need three ;)

Shortstop 15:35 05 Jul 07

If he doesn't need more than one!

lol

Paul

lisa02 15:39 05 Jul 07

Credit card fraud/mail fraud or the like and the perpetrator failed to intercept the packages?

Seth Haniel 15:51 05 Jul 07

As they came a week apart to a private address i don't think any scammer could intercept a post man on his rounds and demand the parcel !!

crosstrainer 16:14 05 Jul 07

Something similar happened to me recently... I had ordered and taken delivery of a new 02 xda mobile pda. Two days later, another one was delivered without any paperwork or info enclosed in the package.

Being an honest soul, I rang o2 to inform them that the second phone had been delivered...they could find no trace of where it had come from, even when i charged it and gave them the imei number. It remains a mystery, and since they don't think it's theirs, it remains boxed and with me.

I suspect that the computer despatch system threw a wobbily, and reckon they may ask for it back eventually.

Forum Editor 17:46 05 Jul 07

Has your friend carefully checked?

postie24 18:42 05 Jul 07

lisa02
You are correct,we are not allowed to hand anything over to a anyone,unless your at their premises

sunny staines 18:58 05 Jul 07

do they have wacky backy hidden in them or similar?

Seth Haniel 08:59 06 Jul 07

Will be seeing him next friday and will get full specs off him
I saw the first one to arrive last weekend - but wasn't paying much attention - the other two arrived this week - so actually he only would have found out about those as he just got back from Spain last night.
will report back with facts & figures -and maybe one he doesn't want ;)

Fellsider 15:19 06 Jul 07

iPod + China - sounds dodgy to me, did you not see the TV the other week about fake iPods?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant