Glue - what type?

wiz-king 12:13 23 Apr 11
Answered

I have removed the hardboard false ceiling in my camper van and want to cover the metal roof (on the inside!) with carpet. I have some very light weight carpet that will do the job but need to know what glue to stick it up with. Any suggestions?

proudfoot 12:41 23 Apr 11

I would suggest some type of impact adhesive such as Evostic

Noldi 12:51 23 Apr 11

Compact glue as above of Carpet tape (double sided)

Noldi

birdface 15:00 23 Apr 11

I would worry about the fumes from the adhesive in this weather it could make you feel ill or sleepy or High.

proudfoot 15:43 23 Apr 11

I assumed he would not be driving for a while. most impact adhesives have no smell after about 24 hours.

amonra 15:54 23 Apr 11

A can of carpet adhesive spray from your local carpet shop will do the job. Using the carpet cleaner is a bit of a bummer though !!!!!

bremner 16:34 23 Apr 11
Answer

Just beware of carpet burns on the top of your head ;o)

Quickbeam 16:35 23 Apr 11

Carpet tacks will solve the vapour problem...

Wilham 17:38 23 Apr 11

That false ceiling formed a gap that not only gave insulation to heat and sound but was stiff enough to support the 2D covering under the 3D roof contour.

Perhaps you could stick the carpet to the removed hardboard and put it back?

wiz-king 18:53 23 Apr 11

Wilham It had warped and collapsed from years of condensation and a small leak from the extract fan and it was very mouldy thats why I removed it. I have some suitable carpet - I don't have any hardboard or ply.

Quickbeam The birds on the roof wear hobnailed boots so it wont bother them.

bremner <{;-)

peter99co 19:23 23 Apr 11

Evostick give a lot of vapour and will catch fire very easily. Make sure there are no flames near.

My friend set fire to his kitchen when gluing a kitchen top. It was last job to complete the repaint.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…