Glitter set for early prison release..!!!

hijo 12:39 10 Jan 07

Surely everyone agree's with me on this that he should serve ALL his sentence,WHy o Why might he be relesed before his sentence is finished...hes commited the most horrible crimes so why they are even considering him for early release is beyond me...
click here

lisa02 12:51 10 Jan 07

"Tran Huu Thong, director of the Thu Duc detention centre, said nearly everyone in the jail voted for Glitter's early release."

Even the Jail doesn't want the filthy perverted scumbag. I hope he doesn't end up back in the UK. Perhaps somewhere like one of those countries that have the "cut your hand off for stealing" type punishments and then perhaps let him bleed to death.

Awful nice aren't I?

Brumas 13:27 10 Jan 07

"Tran Huu Thong, director of the Thu Duc detention centre, said nearly everyone in the jail voted for Glitter's early release."

Perhaps he threatened to sing to them, if the huge bribe he presumably offered, wasn't taken up!

In my opinion he is a conniving, depraved paedophile who should be locked up and the key should be thrown away! What I really think cannot be printed!

wee eddie 13:29 10 Jan 07

When he returns he will not be very welcome.

However, before we get too High & Mighty, we must realise that we "in the UK" are only 150 years from what he did as being considered fully legal. Also in the Far East, where he was at the time, is only partially illegal and marriage before the teens is not irregular.

I lifted this quote from a British Library site about Prostitution in Literature.

"The age of consent at the time of writing, which was around the 1860-80's, was an astonishingly low 13, however Walter on occasions liked them a lot younger. Girls as young as twelve were working in the West End brothels, indeed in some brothels all the prostitutes were children"

He's a nasty piece of work, but in Thai legal terms, he may have done his time. With luck he may get an other session, inside, when he returns here but that will be up to the Legal Profession.

€dstowe 13:39 10 Jan 07

He'll have a very hard time if he does come back to the UK. I'm sure he will be hounded by the press in a manner so intense that he'll wish he didn't exist.

What I find so distasteful about people like this is their constant protestations of innocence. That Jonathon King "being" was/is the same.

Z1100 15:31 10 Jan 07

I think I would be supporting PCWorld on this one unless I have not understood your post.

Hanx!
K.

€dstowe 16:19 10 Jan 07

PC World had nothing to do with his Far Eastern doings.

Kate B 17:10 10 Jan 07

He's being held in Vietnam, not Thailand. G0lfer, your statement is defamatory. He's a convicted paedophile but that does not automatically mean he will offend again.

G0lfer 17:23 10 Jan 07

I'm pretty certain my post say's Vietnam and doesn't mention Thailand Kate B. Also never suggested he would offend again - just offering a safe(public) course of events following details already proven in a court of law.

lisa02 17:28 10 Jan 07

Correct me if I'm wrong but this guy is a SERIAL offender and deserves no kindness, leniency or spare thoughts whatsoever. I'm sure he gives no second thoughts for the lives of the children he has destroyed and will continue destroying given half a chance.

rodriguez 17:34 10 Jan 07

"He'll have a very hard time if he does come back to the UK. I'm sure he will be hounded by the press in a manner so intense that he'll wish he didn't exist." Oh what a shame. He should have thought of that before he did all those dirty things. I've got no sympathy for people who do that and even if he doesn't reoffend and he regrets it then fine, but I still won't feel sorry for him. The Vietnamese must have thought it was pretty serious anyway, at one point they were on about him being killed by firing squad.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…