Glastonbury Festival

peg 22:22 08 Apr 08

anybody going this year. surprised tickets have not sold out yet they have sold out within hours usually.

Forum Editor 22:24 08 Apr 08

Three years of mud + mediocre front liner = public disinterest.

barca1 22:27 08 Apr 08

there was a story about it the other day something like not many tickets sold..??

peg 22:32 08 Apr 08

jay-z not my cup of tea but he is only a tiny fraction of the music and entertainment on offer. tickets have sold out before any artist have been announced in previous years, as for the mud its part of the glastonbury experience.

josie mayhem 23:46 08 Apr 08

We were laughing at one of our collegues last week, when the supervisor asked her if she could cover a shift saturday and sunday, she said she could work sunday but not saturday as she was getting up at dawn onto her computer and waiting to book her tickets....

But with saying that I said she should do as my daughter does, she goes every year and doesn't pay a penny... As we live local to Glastonbury and she belongs to one of the Carnival cluns who also provide ,marshaling at Glastonbury she goes as a marshal, so is there for a couple of days before it all begins....

ventanas 08:48 09 Apr 08

I cannot understand why anyone in their right mind would want to go to this "event." As has already been stated, it's nothing but mud and rubbish "entertainers" who I have never heard of sounding like a herd of banshees.
Glastonbury is steeped in English history, and it should be left at that. As far as I'm concerned this sort of trash can go for good.

interzone55 09:10 09 Apr 08

Glastonbury is a fantastic experience, but nowadays it's gone too populist, as exemplified with Jay-Z as one of the headliners. Rap has never done well at Glastonbury, with the exception of The Beastie Boys, who are more rock anyway.

Then there's the not inconsiderable cost of the tickets, and the hoops you have to jump through to buy them.

Last time I went I used one of the tunnels - just the opposite to a prison camp I suppose, where the tunnels are to let people in instead of out...

Quickbeam 09:11 09 Apr 08

That's a proper 'bah humbug' gripe ventanas... But any town older than the '60 new towns is steeped in history.

Why pick Glastonbury just because it's got some pagan relics. Does that mean anything newer than a medieval restaurant can't be opened in York, or any publication newer than the Magna Carter can't be read in Virginia Water?

The times, they are a changin'!

Quickbeam 09:19 09 Apr 08

I used to go to Reading a lot in the '70s, I'd like to go to Glastonbury, but not without a Winiebago... but then I'd have no street cred!

Seth Haniel 09:24 09 Apr 08

Said it was going to be the last one.......
then killed it off by putting a rapper on as the main 'attraction' !!!!!

kingisangus 09:25 09 Apr 08

Out of the total circa 130,000 tickets, over 100,00 sold on the day of release, a Sunday. This is prior to the full lineup being announced.

Jay-Z is different to the normal headliner, but a colusus in the Rap world, to call him mediocre is a joke and just reflects the posters own tatse in music. The festival will be a sell out, what more do you want?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…