Glasgow's Celtic v Rangers (at £40 a ticket)

Aitchbee 16:05 08 Mar 11
Answered

It must be bad if it got a mention in the 11am national BBC news, showing the nasty tete-a-tete between the 2 coaches!(Neil Lennon v Ally McCoist)

And there was a 5 minute spot on Radio 4's today.

The bad publicty that has arisen in the past week
will be forgotten.(and nothing will be done).

I would fine both clubs £1,000,000 (one million).

And give a community service punishment (100 hrs) to all players that get 2 red cards in any one season!

and as for the managers ... string them up!

Aitchbee 16:19 08 Mar 11

they keep coming back for more!

bremner 16:22 08 Mar 11

The history of the problems associated with this fixture have little to do with football.

Fine the players, clubs or fans and it will not make the slightest difference.

Aitchbee 16:32 08 Mar 11

Thanks for your reply.
That is what I said in my post i.e. nothing will be done.
There will be a lot of "hummin an' hawin'".
Glaswegian for "nothing being done"

interzone55 16:59 08 Mar 11

The Celtic / Rangers animosity has nothing to do with football and has everything to do with religion, exactly the same as the "Troubles" in Northern Ireland.

Celtic are a Catholic team and Rangers are Protestant.

They will never see eye to eye...

Forum Editor 17:48 08 Mar 11

(100 hrs) to all players that get 2 red cards in any one season!"

I assume that was meant as a joke?

Community service Orders are for people who have been convicted of an imprisonable offence, not for footballers who foul other footballers on the field of play.

The problems associated with these two clubs are well known, and have existed for a very long time. The solutions will come from changed attitudes, not from a regime of fines.

wee eddie 19:22 08 Mar 11

until the Religious Bigotry, displayed by the Supporters of either Team, is diminished.

On Match Days, I regularly take groups of youths back to their Village. During the Journey I am, almost invariably, forced to listen to the singing of songs that are full of Religious hatred.

Once I know the name of the Village to which I'm heading, I know from which "Faith" these guys, who have never been into a Church in their life, will be coming from and whom they will be hating.

Legolas 19:34 08 Mar 11

The handbags we seen in the last game was tame compared to what it used to be like, I still remember well the sight of policemen on horseback wielding long white batons charging down the field of play to separate the fans.

ams4127 20:17 08 Mar 11

I went to a fight in Glasgow once, and a football match broke out.

morddwyd 20:19 08 Mar 11

The main culprits at this last particular incident were team officials and players.

As long as they get away with it there is no chance of influencing the fans.

It the incidents we saw were witnessed by police in the nether regions og Glasgow on a Saturday night they would have been straight in there.

Aitchbee 21:42 08 Mar 11

And that was just describing the managers!
"Community service Orders are for people who have been convicted of an imprisonable offence, not for footballers who foul other footballers on the field of play."

"I assume that was meant as a joke?"

"I find the concept of a solution ~ laughable"

No joke. It might work.
High earning thugs mascarading as sportsmen in front of a paying public might think twice before deliberately committing that avoidable foul.

Has anybody got a better idea?

Everbody laughed when I said I wanted to be a comedeian. Well, they're not laughing now.(Bob Monkhouse):)

Last football match I was at was Celtic v Leeds circa 1971. Eoropean Cup Match. Attendance was over 100,000

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…