Glasgow Rangers Football Team demoted.

Aitchbee 11:26 16 Jul 12
Answered

The impending disgrace of Rangers being sent to the third division in Scotland ...with a menus 10 points is (-10) is a good warning to all.

Aitchbee 11:28 16 Jul 12

menus = minus (ten below zero).

Shopgirl 11:44 16 Jul 12

Its sad that has happened. There will be a lot of Rangers fans upset by this. It nearly happened to Celtic but Fergus McCann invested in the team.I wish Rangers well and hope to see them in the Scottish Premier Division in the future.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:49 16 Jul 12

The old Rangers no longer exists and is therefore no longer part of the league

the new Rangers has had to apply to join the SFL the remaining SPL tams voted not to let them resume where the old team left off (quite rightly as its a new team).

However as a "Rangers" match probably generated as much as 30% or more of the years revenue for those teams each year they are "shooting themselves in the foot" just to "have a kick at the big guy while he's down".

Condom 12:07 16 Jul 12
Answer

As a Rangers fan and a shareholder going on 60 years it is indeed a very sad time. I have no idea what has happened to my shares as I had virtually no communications from anyone. I have been invited to an AGM in the coming weeks but there appears to be little on the agenda.

There is of course much more to this than just kicking the big guy as all the other clubs in the SPL have been arguing for a change in gate match fees but both Rangers and Celtic voted against it and the status quo remained if 2 clubs didn't support it. Now Celtic are on their own the other clubs will be able to vote this through. But of course with the biggest gate no longer there it might very well become a pyrrhic victory.

The only clubs who might do well out of this will be the other 3rd division clubs who will see their match day numbers grow to an amount they could only have envisioned in their dreams and personally I wish them well but hopefully for not more than 1 season.

birdface 12:42 16 Jul 12

I will agree with Fruit Bat /\0/\ those teams that voted Rangers out will be the ones to suffer thanks to the loss of the large gate revenue when playing Rangers.

Best of luck to the 3rd division teams that will benefit and who will be thankful for the added revenue.

Whether Rangers can survive starting back in the 3rd division I don't know but for the sake of Scottish football I do hope so.

lets hope they start afresh and bring their own players through the ranks like they used to and not to buy foreign players.[not that they could probably afford any]

wiz-king 12:50 16 Jul 12

They might have the highest paid 3rd division players in football (if any of them stay).

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:41 16 Jul 12

Most have already gone :0)

Aitchbee 13:56 16 Jul 12

The lowly Queen's Park football team (who have Hampden Park Stadium as their home ground) will have a bumper attendance when they face Rangers next season at home...I might go...for the novelty...and cheer on QPFC!

wee eddie 18:24 16 Jul 12

Consider that Rangers position, at the top of the League, was maintained by using Players that were bought using Taxpayers money. I see no problem.

Of course things will change. Other Teams, that had to find real money to pay for their players, will now have a chance.

There are others, who were using similar schemes, that must be heaving a sigh of relief and working hard on that third set of Books!

daz60 18:44 16 Jul 12

Do not know the ins or outs of this but how the might have fallen,find it amazing that a club with this history could not find a powerful rich Russian or Middle Eastern benefactor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…