Glasgow needs a spec savers

carver 12:51 PM 17 Mar 13

Honestly the thing is 2ft high and some body just walked off with it enter link description here it isn't as though you can just put it in a bag or in a coat pocket and I believe you would look a bit suspicious with it shoved up your jumper.

spider9 14:58 PM 17 Mar 13

....and some people think Scots don't have enough skills to be independent??

spuds 15:11 PM 17 Mar 13

The thing that would concern me the most, is how a children's charity might afford £10.000 designer egg as a fund raising gimmick, and at the same time, apparently have no safeguard in action?.

The next questions: Was this a prank - Will it be on an auction website - Was this mistaken for a Cadburys egg with the fancy wrappers - Or was there a conspiracy?.

carver 16:09 PM 17 Mar 13

spider9 thank you for making my afternoon, there is still humour out there and spuds the police have issued an identiphoto enter link description here

fourm member 16:31 PM 17 Mar 13

Given the Scots understanding of nutrition, I'm expecting to hear about cases of fibreglass poisoning.

What does a deep-fried fibreglass Easter egg taste like?

spuds 17:16 PM 17 Mar 13

fourm member- I was going to add similar comments, but thought that the humour or intent would not be appreciated?.

fourm member 17:47 PM 17 Mar 13

I can't bring any of them to mind but I know I've read stories about things getting stolen because the thieves didn't realise they were fakes.

rickf 19:09 PM 17 Mar 13

On a more serious not what has this country and it's people become. It's sad!

rickf 19:13 PM 17 Mar 13

Meant to add that treating it with humour seems to me to excuse the culprit/s. Part of problem is society has a tendency to see the funny side of things. I do think humour has its place but not when it's outright theft and a total disrespect for others' property.

carver 19:28 PM 17 Mar 13

rickf sometimes you have to resort to humour because other wise how do you cope with this sad world.

Woolwell 19:59 PM 17 Mar 13

spuds - There are 101 (now 100) giant eggs the bigegghunt. I suggest that they were all donated and are due to be auctioned at the end. I don't know where it was but inside a shopping mall or shop would seem likely so safeguarding it shouldn't have been a problem.

On a lighter note has Aitchbee seen it on his bus or at the pub or bookies?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11