The Giddy Life of a Pensioner

morddwyd 20:36 04 Oct 09

With the flu jab tomorrow and the winter fuel payment due soon is there no end to the diversions I shall be offered this winter?

(Not being nastily sarcastic - I' m really quite grateful for the care I am shown)

Stuartli 21:36 04 Oct 09

You could always tell people that the time just flu past...:-)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:41 04 Oct 09

When your old enough for the free TV license at least

you won't have to pay for the rubbish they put on the winter schedule.

:0)

Stuartli 23:41 04 Oct 09

Still have to pay to have the rubbish taken away though...:-)

jakimo 23:52 04 Oct 09

Still have to pay to have the rubbish taken away though...:-)

The annoying thing about that load of rubbish is that it keeps coming uninvited through my letterbox

Cymro. 11:36 05 Oct 09

when I first saw this post I thought to myself here goes another pensioner complaining about something or other again, but to have you say
"I' m really quite grateful for the care I am shown)"
shows what an excellent positive attitude you have to old age in thre UK. If only more of us had a similar attitude.

oldbeefer2 15:59 05 Oct 09

not sure I'm ready for the inevitable which comes next month for me - after 49 years working, filling the time is going to be a struggle!

Bapou 16:33 05 Oct 09

"after 49 years working, filling the time is going to be a struggle!"

Not on your life! Retirement is a 7 day week, none of this weekends off stuff ever again. You will need to arrange plenty of holidays to cope with the stress of it all.

Trust me.

birdface 16:37 05 Oct 09

Don't forget about the free bus pass to get you there, And the free ambulance to take you home again.

BT 16:51 05 Oct 09

I was fortunate enough to be able to take early retirement combined with redundancy at age 60. Believe you me you will wonder how you ever found the TIME to go to work.

And after many years of working 12 hour shifts days and night and weekends it takes a while to get back into sleeping regular hours again. After 4 years I'm only now into sleeping 7/8 hours a night every night, and feeling so much better for it.

Don't knock it, you've done your bit, now enjoy yourself.

jack 17:30 05 Oct 09

apart for a couple of years doing two and a half days aw eek helping a friend out.
I am extremely gratified with - Winter Fuel/Free Rubbish TV/ Flu jabs and all.
Filling time is never a problem- there is always something going on.
The one thing that bugged me for many of the early years was I could not get out of the habit of cracking on with the big household jobs on a Saturday and a Sunday- 'Coz I had to get up and go to work on Monday'
Cured my self of it now however, after a period of putting off jobs 'till tomorrow' the pendulum is coming back to a sensible centre

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…