Get your roses out for tomorrow

Bingalau 20:58 22 Apr 12
Answered

Stand fast the Jocks, Taffs and Micks of course. But the rest of us blue blooded English people should be throwing parties etc. We can even invite our neighbours from the countries adjacent to us to join in. After all we seem to enjoy their celebrations of their Saints' days. Mind you I draw the line at green Guinness. And I would rather have Bulmers cider than that Mangy Mangers' stuff from Ireland that is no different when it's cold. What a con that is/was.

Our navy club is having its usual bash of course, we use any type of excuse for a booze up. So come on folks show your patriotic front and get the roses in your lapels, they don't cost a mint and if you think they are expensive, then do what I do and use the same imitation one every year. (That's the Scottish bit in me surfacing).

morddwyd 21:03 22 Apr 12

I really don't think I want show that I support the Labour Party!

Aitchbee 21:07 22 Apr 12

There used to be a comedian...Norman something who did an advert for 'Roses'...I have just remembered...but am not letting on.

interzone55 21:11 22 Apr 12

I always find it ludicrous that every pub in England brings out the green decorations and buys in the extra Guinness for St Patrick's day.

But try to find any signs of St George's day and you'll be searching long and hard...

finerty 21:17 22 Apr 12

Roses r red violet r blue but how sad r u

Condom 01:13 23 Apr 12

Why what is happening tomorrow?

zzzz999 05:04 23 Apr 12

Do people in England feel English or would they rather be 'scousers', 'Geordies', 'Kentish', 'Londoners', etc?

St Patrick's day is a global drinking session, what landlord wouldn't welcome such a day.

Quickbeam 08:03 23 Apr 12

That reminds me, my Templar's mantle needs pressing before I go to work.

Quickbeam 08:06 23 Apr 12
Answer

...and a happy St Georges day to all:)

BT 08:50 23 Apr 12

There used to be a comedian..

Norman Vaughan

Quickbeam 09:33 23 Apr 12

I've just got that Norman Vaughan reference BT, in true sesquipedalian style...:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5