Get your Hobbit feet out again...

Quickbeam 13:55 PM 23 Dec 11

The tale with a sting will soon be on the screens, well in time for Christmas future anyway...

Aitchbee 14:16 PM 23 Dec 11

Do they do size twelves in Middle Earth?

Aitchbee 14:28 PM 23 Dec 11

Cobblers!...

Aitchbee 15:21 PM 23 Dec 11

My dentist used to go on about his 'dwarf wall' outside his surgery, while he was drilling my tooth. I thought he was pulling my leg...nope, he wasn't. He was a joker and a half!

Aitchbee 16:18 PM 23 Dec 11

...the waterfall, on the LHS, midway thru' the trailer looks like a 'Thunderbirds' effort. (effect).

Having listened to the AUDIOBOOK many times, the screen characterization of the similarly-named dwarves, will enhance the book's appeal.I found it difficult to differentiate the dwarves in the book.

It looks promising.

Quickbeam 16:25 PM 23 Dec 11

Fili, Kili, Oin, Gloin, Thorin Oakenshield, Dwalin, Balin, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Dori, Nori, and Ori.

What's difficult to differentiate...?

morddwyd 20:05 PM 23 Dec 11

Like Shakespeare, Middle Earth is totally uncharted territory to me, as I've never been able to get to grips with either.

However,they both bring massive pleasure to vast numbers, so I doubt if my support will be missed!

Covergirl 17:09 PM 24 Dec 11

I really enjoyed the trilogy of the Lord of the Rings (after having read the books several times) and now I'm ready to start The Hobbit again in preparation for the film. The only thing to jar the nerves was the constant incidental music which started to wear a bit after the umpteenth viewing.

If it's anything like as good as the LOTR I'll be a happy bunny.

Aitchbee 20:51 PM 24 Dec 11

Cynical me...there's going to be a lot of Charles Dickens' celebrations all over the land soon...200 years from his birth, ( and quite rightly so...his novels are Dickensian!).

The Hobbit (film launch) is best left a while.

Aitchbee 23:34 PM 26 Dec 11

The HOBBIT 'pin-up' boys are all here!

http://www.empireonline.com/gallery/image.asp?id=53043&caption=&gallery=3313

The photo was taken after they became famous!

rdave13 00:34 AM 27 Dec 11

Are they squeezing out all they can out of a very good video representation of modern classic books I wonder? If half as good as The Lord Of The Rings films then I'll be surprised.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…