Get travel ticks with your mobile.

jack 14:33 17 Dec 09

A local bus Co- Arriva Fast track- following a trial with several rechnologies - has just announced
E-ticketing on your mobile.
Do the business on the mobile [I dont know how - as I dont have a mobile] and just flash it to the driver as you board the bus.
A Google suggests that it is nation wide on various routes.
Where do we go from here?

Terry Brown 15:06 17 Dec 09

Is this what you mean/>

click here

Terry

Chegs ®™ 16:37 17 Dec 09

As its many years since I used a bus,I wont be using this kind of service though if it ends the standing in the rain waiting for passengers ahead finding their ticket,paying for a ticket,collecting change etc then I'm in full agreement as I do not know anyone that has no mobile phone.I walked into town recently in our areas extra heavy rain and my GF stopped off at the library so I waited in the entrance lobby.There was an elderly lady struggling to get her mobile working to call herself a taxi so I offered to try.I can't recall who her provider was but her phone wasn't receiving a signal,so I pulled out my phone & booked her a taxi with it.

jack 08:38 18 Dec 09

So they have gone Nationwide with it. it seems
Last year the buses were equipped with a reader/scanner- I notice now these have been removed in favour of the 'show the driver' method
This is as operated locally
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…