Gerrard Assault Charge Dropped

Bingalau 17:26 20 Mar 09

Well there's a surprise!!!

click here

newman35 18:45 20 Mar 09

Perhaps you know more of the story than me, but it didn't seem any suprise to me that the charge was reduced (on all those involved, not just Gerrard).
Not knowing anything about Gerrard, apart from his footballing skills, it's difficult to have an opimion - although I confess to never seeing him as a violent man.

Could you perhaps explain why you show suprise?

dagbladet 19:52 20 Mar 09

Indeed Bingalau, what do you know?

tullie 20:07 20 Mar 09

Maybe Bingalau has sat in on the proceedings?Its the only way to hear the evidence.

tullie 20:35 20 Mar 09

Give up mate,you wont win,lol

Stuartli 23:53 20 Mar 09

Not necessarily a surprise - there were quite a few people involved in the incident (I live less than two miles from the particular club involved), so Gerrard (through his solicitor) has, presumably, argued his case that he did not commit assault.

Colin 10:33 21 Mar 09

Is Bingalau an Everton fan?

Bingalau 10:56 21 Mar 09

Of course. There's only one team real Scousers support. Liverpool's supporters, like Manchester United's supporters are mostly "Out-of-Towners" who jumped on the wagon when the going was good.

march 12:13 21 Mar 09

you can't charge anyone for something they did not do! thats why we have courts,laws etc & unless you are there & a witness you cannot say for sure about the case.

Nick Evans, prosecuting, told the court that after a "review of the evidence in full" it was decided that all seven defendants should only face affray charges.

note the prosecuter's words "review of the evidence in full"

Stuartli 12:44 21 Mar 09

In Gerrard's case, at least, it was revealed to the court that there was insufficient evidence for a prosecution for assault.

>>you can't charge anyone for something they did not do!>>

Try explaining that statement to, for instance, Stephen Downing, George Kelly and Sean Hodgson.

Stuartli 12:47 21 Mar 09

As a fellow Evertonian, have you heard about the Helpline Manchester United FC set up for their fans?

For anyone interested, it's 0870 414 141.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now