George Baker

Aitchbee 21:14 PM 08 Oct 11
Answered

I have been trying to get this post posted, to say what a great actor Baker was.

Aitchbee 21:23 PM 08 Oct 11

He played a pilot in 'The Dambusters'..and WEXFORD in later life...and he could have been James Bond, but he had other commitments at the time.

Aitchbee 21:30 PM 08 Oct 11

P. McGoohan , who was number 6, wanted G. Baker to be number 2.

Crosstrainer2 09:05 AM 09 Oct 11

AitchBEE

I thought he was in the prisoner?

Aitchbee 09:29 AM 09 Oct 11

George Baker was Number 2 in the 'The Prisoner' but who was Number 1?

Crosstrainer2 09:38 AM 09 Oct 11

LOL! now that is the question! Those photo's of mine you were looking at the other day (or a lot of them) were taken in Port Merion where the Prisoner was filmed.

I was living in North Wales at the time.

Aitchbee 09:42 AM 09 Oct 11

I thought they looked very familiar! Keep up the good work...some nice close-ups would make a bit of a contrast to your VG landscape views.

Crosstrainer2 09:48 AM 09 Oct 11

AitchBEE

I'd love to go back there and take some more shot's...Video too, but travelling any distance these day's is difficult due to ill health.

It's quite a place...Italian in design, you walk through the gate and you are transformed into a totally different world. I would highly recommend a visit if you ever get the chance!

Aitchbee 09:54 AM 09 Oct 11

As a 'Prisoner' fan, I would think I was in heaven. I will go there some day...and take some nice photos.

Crosstrainer2 10:04 AM 09 Oct 11

Snowdonia is a truly stunning place to visit. Breathtaking with the mountains and the coastline plenty to do and see, I was teaching at a the college in Harlech and my wife and I had a fantastic couple of years there. It's a photographers paradise.....Take plenty of High capacity memory cards with you :))

Aitchbee 11:11 AM 09 Oct 11

Wildo.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites