The generosity of the helproom folks....

spanneress 18:38 10 Aug 04

..leaves me speechless (well, almost!)

Vinchris posted in the helproom forum today offering memory for a P3 (SDRAM PC100) 128Mb & 256Mb FOC..I responded immediately. We exchanged a couple of e-mails and then he drove (with his wife and granddaughter) all the way from Portsmouth to Oxford to drop not only the memory off, but several other very usefull pieces of hardware...including : Digi camera, 2 HDD, USB PCI card, cables, a CRDW drive....

I recyle PC's for charitable or worthy causes..I was donated 16 from a GP surgery, all P2's, no mem or HDD and I just wait until I can source the missing bits FOC before finding deserving homes. Often trying to find memory (free) can be trying...

So - a massive THANKYOU to Denchris for the extra effort and generosity. And while I am at it a recognition of thanks to all the regulars who devote time and much patience in helping others..including myself.

smokingbeagle 19:05 10 Aug 04

Jonnytub as well for an especially generous offer to fellow forum members, not long ago.

spikeychris 19:09 10 Aug 04

Are CRDW drives a speciality of Portsmouth? Just kidding, that was a very generous thing he did.

jonnytub 22:19 18 Aug 04

i'm blushing, :0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…