GATSO 2 comes ever nearer

TOPCAT® 17:40 15 Nov 05

Ever had the feeling you are being watched? Then this news will unnerve you even more. TC.

click here

g0nvs 18:07 15 Nov 05

Good idea, if it gets uninsured & untaxed cars off the road I'm all for it. If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about.

sunny staines 18:55 15 Nov 05

ANPR is an excellent idea. But the new number plates with a chip are bad news for driverswho drift over the speed limit but Gordon will be smilling it will fill the holes in the national budget

PUNKA 21:08 15 Nov 05

Seen the ANPR in action last xmas, the majority of the cars it pulled over onto a large store car park were Private Hire drivers.These people were not Taxed, Insured, or MOT'd and carrying Joe public any where they wanted to go. It definitely serves a purpose, and if you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to worry about.(TOO MUCH George Orwell):)

lixdexik 21:55 15 Nov 05

until we all have a criminal record, just for owning a car. Yet another ploy to screw money out of the motorist. big brother is going mad.

Lixdexik.

Chegs ® 22:06 15 Nov 05

Only thing being "As it will be a lot easier and cheaper to fine the law-abiding but forgetful than it will be to deal with the hardline serial offenders, we think we can guess which way this one will go."

I tend to agree,having fallen foul of the offence of keeping an untaxed vehicle.The fact said vehicle had been kept offroad for five years prior to the change in law,and had been reported to DVLA as offroad at a prior address,finally got recognised after several letters had been exchanged and the fixed penalty was disposed of by a court.The inconvenience to myself was considerable.

TOPCAT® 18:08 16 Nov 05

Too right!. TC.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…