Game of Thrones Theme - killer classical guitar sound...

Quickbeam 12 Apr 13

from a bass.

I was looking for a simple bass version of this theme to play and came across the above rendition that told me I still need to keep the day job for several more life times yet.

It instantly demoralised me, this bloke has developed a unique style all of his own!

Aitchbee 12 Apr 13

I enjoyed listening to and watching that demo ... have never heard the tune before now ... so will check it out tomoro [on pub jukebox] for comparison.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12 Apr 13

Excellent

rdave13 13 Apr 13

Nice music. I enjoy music that somehow is 'good' or 'bad' to my ears. Obviously the 'bad' doesn't get played again. I don't care what ' genre' a 'piece' comes from as long as it is pleasing to my own 'ear' and, although short, was excellent.

Ta muchley.

Quickbeam 13 Apr 13

To appreciate how much depth of the sound he is covering singlehandedly on one instrument, take a look at this cello cover.

Quickbeam 13 Apr 13

...and the best sound and depth I can expect to get anywhere near to this century.

Chronos the 2nd 13 Apr 13

Try this perhaps. Muse the Uprising. Bass Cover.

Quickbeam 13 Apr 13

Rock bass is comparatively easy peasy when playing the standard fret shapes. That bloke is a one man quartette.

Aitchbee 13 Apr 13

I just don't care what anybody says [figure of speech ... QB ] but you can't beat close-up listn' 'n' watchn' from six feet away ... that's what ears 'n' eyes were made for. [Sorry, Youtube ;o)]

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Wimbledon 2015 live online: follow the tennis from your laptop or PC

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message