Gaddafi urges 'holy war' against Switzerland

Seth Haniel 10:23 26 Feb 10

click here

what next a war on kittens and hamsters ;)

Kevscar1 10:49 26 Feb 10

Nice to know he hasn't changed in his old age

Quickbeam 11:13 26 Feb 10

I wouldn't mess with a nation armed with Swiss army knives. But if you have any shares in cuckoo clocks, it might be wise to offload them quickly...

Bingalau 11:28 26 Feb 10

I wonder if Gaddafi knows that every man in Switzerland has had to do national service in the army. They may be better prepared than he thinks. I believe they all have weapons in their homes?? I don't know where I recall this information coming from, but I remember reading it somewhere. Let's hope it wasn't in one of our daily rags.

Seth Haniel 11:52 26 Feb 10

heard that back in '76 when I visited the country - they had the highest gun ownership and the lowest gun crime record.

peter99co 11:57 26 Feb 10

click here

May have to re-cycle them.

michaelw 12:44 26 Feb 10

As long as he doesn't damage the Toblerone factory.

peter99co 13:39 26 Feb 10

I heard it was against local rules to flush a toilet after 22.00.

The soldiers all keep a rifle at home.

I was informed of this during a bus journey from Italy to Metz.

sunnystaines 15:10 26 Feb 10

swiss have nothing to worry about they do not a large percentage of their resident muslims with resentment/hatred to everything western like we do.

The ones in switzerland seem non militant.

Noldi 17:41 26 Feb 10

"I heard it was against local rules to flush a toilet after 22.00."

Normally yes if you live in apartments and your neighbour flushes their toilet it makes a noise and noise after 10 is not accepted even no baths etc.

Swiss have to do 365 days service before they reach 35, they can buy themselves out of it, not all keep guns at home. One of the guys I work with is a bit of a marksman, another rule is every year you have to shoot a good score or go back to be trained for 2 weeks, most weekends he goes off with several peoples cards and shoots a good score for them to avoid having to do 2 weeks training, I think it’s a nice little earner.

As for Gadaffi I know he did have a oil well down in Valias somewhere, he will be shutting that down then.

Noldi

Brumas 17:50 26 Feb 10

"I think it’s a nice little earner"
Call me old-fashioned but that is wrong in my book! It is more or less the same as getting a good driver to pass your test for you!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…