Funny but True: Where can I find Shoes?

ajm 20:08 03 Jul 05

Working as a Sales Consultant for a well-known computer retailer,we get all types of customer who come in the store and ask all types of questions. Sometimes these questions are not even related to computers.

One example as follows:

Early Saturday morning, a young man who was well dressed, ut wearing trainers approached me and ask me : “Where will I find SHOES?”

I gave him a funny look and pointed him towards the Flat Panel TFT monitor sections and replied: “Over there, sir. We have sizes starting from 14 inches, have a wide range of 14, 15, 17 and 19 inches in stock and we can order up to 42” through our mail order catalogue service”

He had a sense of humour and realised that the walked in the wrong store!!!

Stuartli 15:43 04 Jul 05

You merely shooed him in the right direction...:-)

Sapins 22:03 04 Jul 05

Poor sole!

wiz-king 22:17 04 Jul 05

After you gave him the boot did he look down at heel?

exdragon 23:05 04 Jul 05

I hope your comments to him were tongue in cheek

Buchan 35 21:00 05 Jul 05

When he went into the department indicated how did he boot up. Silly question, he was looking for shoes!!

dukeboxhero 21:35 05 Jul 05

the poor sole

wiz-king 04:58 06 Jul 05

Nice to hear that he was instep with the latest fashions and not straitlaced about it.

Stuartli 09:14 06 Jul 05

One of those into leather...

That's enough or the FE will take appropriate action....:-)

PUNKA 20:05 07 Jul 05

Did he have one leg ???
Tell him to hop it !!

Wilham 20:50 15 Jul 05

ajm, thanks for that.

I said to my wife I'd go with her to Morrisons. I have a weak leg and despite the painkillers I'm told to take some exercise.

Inside the supermarket she suggested I buy the pork pie I'd spotted in an ad. I found myself at a counter where one had to ask for service.

"I'd like a lattice pork pie, please." I said.

The assistant didn't move, just looked at me and said "Are you eighty-two?"

"Not for three years.", said I, thinking there must be a dietry restriction on it for the elderly.

A customer came to my rescue... "You need a queueing number." she said, pointing to a paper-chain of numbers along the counter.

Then I saw the red 82 next-customer sign.

Humour eases the embarrassment. Thanks ajm.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…