Fujitsu to launch smartphone for the elderly - PCA Ageism Article

lotvic 21:56 PM 04 Jun 13
Answered

Ageism (cheeky blighters)

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/mobile-phone/3370397/fujitsu-launch-smartphone-for-elderly/

I think that's a bit off, it's not just some elderly (how do they decide you are elderly?) that have problems with smartphones, there are plenty of disabilities that require larger text and easy touch screens etc.

Woolwell 22:51 PM 04 Jun 13

The term "elderly" as used by the media can mean anything from over 50 to over 80. I was quite upset when I first read that an "elderly" person was younger than me.

As lotvic has stated there are younger people with disabilities including arthritis who require easy to use smartphones.

Chronos the 2nd 08:26 AM 05 Jun 13

My good lady wanted nothing more than a phone she could hear, sent texts and of course made calls. If it could have decent sized keypad all the better. I got here a Doro. Which fits the bill.

I have an iphone and apart from checking email and using the odd app occasionally the rest of it's features are wasted on me.

Quickbeam 08:39 AM 05 Jun 13

That surely makes it a smart enough phone.

wiz-king 12:09 PM 05 Jun 13

Quickbeam No --- a 'smart enough person' not to pay a lot of money for a load of gimmicks (to them).

Ex plorer 16:13 PM 05 Jun 13

Chronos the 2nd I am in the market for a new phone and the Doro would fit the bill.

The phone I have now is a Samsung clamp and its fine but to small.

A camera would have been a big bonus but its not essential I will take a closer look at a Doro.

Chronos the 2nd 17:04 PM 05 Jun 13
Answer

Ex plorer

They can come with a camera. Several here. Doro.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Google's new logo was redesigned

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites