Fuel prices

nota-clue 23:18 27 Jun 08

I heard today at my local garage to expect £2 a litre by the end of the year.
I know for one thing I can not afford this it would cost me about £10 a day just to work.

Quickbeam 23:26 27 Jun 08

We could all just stay at home and live off benefits paid for out of the MPs salaries...

nota-clue 23:34 27 Jun 08

Not sure that is an option.

I was unemployed not long back.
You have to look for at least 6 jobs a week and apply for at least 3 jobs a week.
You have to be willing to travel for 60 minutes each way with your own transport.
If you do not do this or appear to not be willing to do this THEY WILL STOP YOUR MONEY>

barca1 23:47 27 Jun 08

i am out of work at mo & went to "Sign On" the other day & when asked what i had been doing to find work, i told her the things i do & i asked her what work there is in relation to call centre/reception data input etc, her reply absolutly "NOTHING" & there hasnt been for quite some time she said, Very worring indeed..

nota-clue 23:58 27 Jun 08

baraca1
I bet that was a great help to you NOT.
Help yourself, Because we wont springs to mind.

al's left peg 00:06 28 Jun 08

I drive about a 40 mile commute to work now and it's really hitting me in the pocket and I only have a 1.4 Scenic. I am thinking of getting a Yamaha YBR125cc motorbike to get to work on, as I work in the heart of Northumberland though I would not look forward to the winter travelling this way. I suppose everybody is suffering now though, if it keeps going the way it is I can see riots happening in the not too distant future.
barca1, good luck in finding a job in the near future, I was in the same boat 2 years ago to this very day. Although I don't really enjoy the job I am doing, it pays the bills.....at the moment!

Quickbeam 08:54 28 Jun 08

There's been several fuel crises since the war that have seen the price of fuel rocket dramatically.

The initial reactions are change to a more economical vehicle, use it less, use public transport etc.

Then as we get used to it, and wages catch back up, we start using the car again, we use it more and then decide we can again afford a 4x4 gas guzzler to transport the kids to school.

You never know, one day you might have to mount a kerb to make it past the other parked cars that stop you from getting within a hundred yards of school:)...

Quickbeam 09:02 28 Jun 08

I wouldn't have been seen dead being delivered to school. My near neighbours kids are continuing to be taken to secondary school, 3/4 of a mile away.

It used to take me 3/4 of an hour to walk this same distance as I'd call for mates, play football on the way etc... Going to and from school was far to an important social event than being teleported instantly my means of a socially sterile car.

jack 09:07 28 Jun 08

Started work in the building trade.
His dad[our window cleaner] told us the staff agency in his home town [Gravesend] sent him to work on a site in Croydon'
He does not drive, the only route therefore is train
first to London then out to Croydon at the cost of £21 per day.
I don't know how much a starter-builder can earn but I bet after tax etc he does not have much left to go Clubbing

day2strike 09:50 28 Jun 08
  WhiteTruckMan 10:23 28 Jun 08

I'm confused as to why you posted that link. Would you care to explain what your point was in posting it please?

WTM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…