FRUSTRATION!!!

barca1 20:22 02 Apr 08

GRR & GRR GRR

My local council posted this a couple of weeks ago click here

& NOW they have made this public click here

This doesnt seem right surley you can see my point here!!
They are going to close ALL the CAB's in my town but leave open just one which is dedicated to JUST asylum seekers...

barca1 20:49 02 Apr 08

"fourm member"
Sorry i did forget to add that the new PRIVATE company thats taking over have stated they are there to make a profit so if you wanted to use the service will be charged whereas CAB is & always has been free..

anskyber 22:22 02 Apr 08

A couple of points.

For all of the good intentions of CAB's the ones I have experienced were not always fully able to provide expert advice. Poor advice is sometimes worse than no advice at all. Funders have therefore sometimes questioned the value for money of such organisations particularly when funding requests inflated beyond reason.

The aim of Community Legal Advice Centres is to deal with this issue and build in expertise where it may not always exist. The voluntary sector is not excluded from becoming part of the picture and there is now a greater emphasis on accountability.

Some services will be free, certainly if you qualify for legal aid or in other circumstances. click here some, including me when I was asked to look at CAB's felt that there is potential for financial black holes. In a nutshell it's designed to give such services a professional feel.

The CLAC set up that I know are in Cornwall, for those who want to understand more click here

Forum Editor 22:48 02 Apr 08

and it's been doing so for several years. The truth is, the organisation (which is a charity) relies on volunteers, and not all the advice given has been of the highest quality, as anskyber says.

CAB is keen to get other organisations involved, in order to improve the quality of the help it provides, and to bring itself more in line with the needs of today.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…