French market

seedie 17:14 21 Dec 06

We live in Folkestone and every Thursday there is a market in the precinct with a French Presence.

I bought 3 bagettes, 3 pain au choc, 3 pain au raisin, 3 sausage( wild boar, duck and something else :( ) and a round of le Capipontain from Normandy. Really nice stuff but expensive. I'm not sure but I think they get free passage across.

CD

anskyber 17:14 21 Dec 06

And your invitation to share is.....!?

amonra 17:18 21 Dec 06

That's the ticket, support your local trader !
Those frogs are subsidised by their government to come across and ruin our economy.

seedie 17:20 21 Dec 06

how far would you like to go :))

Kate B 17:37 21 Dec 06

Sounds wonderful! *jealous*

seedie 17:43 21 Dec 06

It's not something I do every week and considering the time of year I thought It would be nice to have something a bit better than my local supermarket stuff. UK supermarkets have outlets in Calais and (Boulogne I think) to cater for the booze cruisers so it seems to work both ways, well sort of.

Good luck

CD

Jackcoms 17:53 21 Dec 06

Why not stick to English food like Naomi Campbell?

A quote she made the other day:

"I love living in England - especially the food. There's nothing I love better than a big bowl of pasta".

Ho, hum.

seedie 17:54 21 Dec 06

There is a far superior French market at the West Cross shopping centre.It's on the Manston road between Sandwich and Margate, well worth a visit but I don't know the frequency. Find out when the next one is; makes a lovely Sunday out.

CD

rodriguez 18:24 21 Dec 06

There's a German one in Birmingham until Christmas - went there today. :-P

Watchful 18:30 21 Dec 06

There's a German one in Manchester. Went last Sunday. Great.

Diemmess 18:32 21 Dec 06

Went to a French market in Chepstow in mid-summer temperatures.
The chocolate was melting and all the food was expensive.
The stall holders seemed mostly Breton, is this a development of the onion sellers on a bicycle?

I believe it was something to do with Town Coucil/tourist/brighten_the_place_up_week.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…