Freedom At Last

crosstrainer 16:27 07 Nov 08

After nearly 7 months on Warfarin, my GP has informed me that as long as my blood test (taken today) is OK, they will be taking me off the tablets, and I will be able to return to having the odd tipple, and to eating my normal foods again!

They are a bit worried about the possibility of ulcers in the leg, and will be advising me on how best to avoid this. The tendons are still very sore, but hope that this will ease in time.

I will know for certain on Monday, so may be able to crack open a bottle of wine! (probably have 2 glasses and fall asleep :))

ventanas 16:57 07 Nov 08

Great news, well done.

lotvic 17:14 07 Nov 08

Brilliant news crosstrainer, after all that worry and hassle you have had.
Are you allowed on planes yet?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:15 07 Nov 08

Drink bad wine!

my old granny used to say vinegar was good for thinning the blood.

:0)

Legolas 17:45 07 Nov 08

Great news it's been a long road but your getting there.

MAJ 19:26 07 Nov 08

....but still be careful, a couple of glasses of red wine is supposed to be good, but don't go overboard with it (as if you would). Did they put you on aspirin? I've been off warfarin for a few years now, but still have to take aspirin every day, as you say "Freedom at last", it really was a nuisance having to get it checked every week and upping or lowering the dosage, then when ya cut yourself shaving, getting it to stop..... aaaaahhhh!!

Well done, crosstrainer.

Brumas 21:05 07 Nov 08

There's life in the old dog yet ;o))

crosstrainer 05:10 08 Nov 08

Sadly, no airline will ever accept me for long distance travel again :( This is not just because of the inactivity during long haul flights, but due to the pressure and altitude, a very strong chance that I could develop the condition again.

I think "Short Hop" flights at a lower altitude might be ok, but will have to find out.

crosstrainer 05:11 08 Nov 08

I don't think I'd be able to have more than a couple of small glasses as my tolerance will be 0!

crosstrainer 05:12 08 Nov 08

:))......And off the lead too :))

rdave13 07:08 08 Nov 08

Very good news!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5