free view

denis93c 18:58 12 Aug 04

i live in belfast,n.ireland
can any one give me a list of free view channels?
eg. bbc1=1 40=news 24 and also the channels which are not free.
thanks in advance.
denis.

christmascracker 19:39 12 Aug 04

All about Freeview

click here

Al94 21:31 12 Aug 04

and the not free ones here click here

Stuartli 14:39 14 Aug 04

The channel numbers in some cases may differ in your region from others - for instance in Wales there is the requirement to provide S4C from some of the transmitters.

If you get the Daily Mail (may well be done in other papers) the Freeview, NTL, Sky etc digital channels are shown above each set of program listings i.e. Channel 6 for ITV2, Channel 7 for BBC3 and Channel 10 for BBC Four in the case of Freeview.

The TopupTV channels are displayed but, unless you pay a subscription, you obviously can't watch the programmes. To be frank the coverage is too skimped during the day to make it worth it.

Don't forget that unless you have a wideband TV aerial you might not be able to pick up the intermediate channels in the 30-40 or so range.

oresome 21:27 14 Aug 04

You will be unable to view the Topup TV channels with many of the available set top boxes, even if you are prepared to pay the subscription. The same probably applies to integrated TV's.

If you think you may be interested in these channels now or in the future, ensure you purchase compatible equipment.

GRFT 07:58 15 Aug 04

The Radio Times gives a complete list of all digital TV stations with their channel numbers.

Stuartli 09:44 15 Aug 04

TVTopUp channels can only be received on the old ON/ITVDigital set top boxes, but it was stated at the time of launch that it was intended to eventually make them available on Freeview boxes.

I have a superb (very rare) Pioneer DTR210GB ITVDigital set top box, but decided against TVTopUp channels as the value for money appears to be poor.

oresome 20:44 15 Aug 04

The Thomson DT12300 Top Up TV Box is compatible as the name suggests. Available from Argos, Comet etc.

Makes you wonder what the audience figures are for some channels. Did hear that they could dip to as low as one or two hundred.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…