Free PC Advisor e-book

paul trotter 10:55 05 May 10

Some of you may remember our first foray into free ebooks last year. We’ve just put the finishing touches to a second version, with new content focusing on PC security advice.

click here

We’ve opted for fewer words per page this time around to make it easier to read on-screen, and added tutorials towards the back of the issue. What do you think of the ebook format for presenting PC Advisor content?

Paul Trotter, PCA

Quickbeam 11:15 05 May 10

I like the lay out and I think it's a way forward for paperless magazines.

But you do need a full screen option, or have I missed that?

paul trotter 11:20 05 May 10

Thanks for the feedback. You can zoom in by clicking on the pages. Alternatively, you could select View Full Screen using the options in your web browser. There's no option in the ebook service to switch to full screen, but it's a good idea.

Newuser38 11:21 05 May 10

The layout looks ok. It reminds me of one or two free online magazines from IDG's opposition. I could not sort out how to read the text which in the example is too small.

Quickbeam 11:31 05 May 10

"select View Full Screen using the options in your web browser."
Isn't it amazing how un-obvious the obvious is! I've been using a little net-book for months now, and I've only just found out that, it makes things so much easier for everything else!

Woolwell 12:16 05 May 10

F11 is another way and probably easier and quicker to get full screen.

Covergirl 12:25 05 May 10

. . . last years attempt (in my opinion).

rdave13 15:45 05 May 10

Much better than last year. A simple to use e-book. I think it's very good.

peter99co 16:20 05 May 10

emailed it to a friend and wait their views.
Easy to read once I went to F11 full page.

spuds 20:22 05 May 10

I might be missing something, but is it possible to have total page reference of the e-book in the header?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…