free laptop

cream. 20:46 18 Jul 07

If you subscribe to Orange broadband for 2 years. click here

Broadband prices should be dropping soon. Would you tie yourself down to a low speck laptop and 2 years of fixed paymentys for one?

WhiteTruckMan 22:28 18 Jul 07

Quote from the above link
"PC World said anyone signing up to the Orange deal could also opt for a £350 discount off any laptop sold at the store."

So I would take that to mean I could walk off with one of these as well.

click here

Bet theres a catch somewhere...

WTM

Stuartli 22:42 18 Jul 07

You don't get the penny change?

My understanding of the word opt in this instance is that you can swap the free laptop offer for a £350 discount off another model sold at PC World.

ajm 22:44 18 Jul 07

Quote from the above link
"PC World said anyone signing up to the Orange deal could also opt for a £350 discount off any laptop sold at the store."

There is a mistake in the quote. There are approx 5-6 selected laptops that can be used for the upto £350 discount. Not all.

WhiteTruckMan 23:16 18 Jul 07

"If PC World customers tie themselves into a two-year broadband contract with Orange, the computer retailer has said it will give away a "free" laptop worth over £300."

And

In the second quote, note the word 'also'. I would take that to mean its a both situation, not an either/or one.

Of course, to be absolutely sure you would have to look at the specific T&C of the offer. All we are looking at here is a news article about it. They (the author) might have missed something vital out of the story, for whatever reason.

WTM

ajm 23:27 18 Jul 07
  Kate B 11:13 19 Jul 07

I'm going to talk to someone from DSG about this later, actually. My view is that you should avoid signing up with Orange right now like the plague: I suspect there will be a good takeup, which will mean Orange's customer service will be horribly stretched and there will be delays getting the broadband activated. And given that people have been leaving Orange in droves over the problems with email, I'd say it's a rather poor choice anyway at the moment.

Si_L 11:54 19 Jul 07

Pattoo is right - however inefficient Orange have been in the past, I'm sure they understand they are going to get a lot of people signing up, and are well prepared.

We used to have Orange broadband and it was excellent, never a problem with them.

Stuartli 12:17 19 Jul 07

"Opt" means what it says - an option to switch to another offer, in this case a discount on (presumably) a better laptop.

It could perhaps have been phrased more clearly.

spuds 12:19 19 Jul 07

My concern would be the Pipex mentioned part of the deal.

Isn't there talks about Pipex being sold to Tiscali?.

Stuartli 12:21 19 Jul 07

There appears to be no mistake in the quote from the link provided by percy Vere. It states:

"No mention of an operating system mind you, but PC World said anyone signing up to the Orange deal could also opt for a £350 discount off any laptop sold at the store."

Whoever wrote the story might have got the facts wrong, but the quote is as described.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…