Free Game suggestions

m800afc 01:39 05 Aug 07

I have read some of the posts on the gaming thread and would like to ask for suggestions for a game that I might try.
My eyes are not as good as they used to be and I find it difficult to make out any details in a lot of games because the lighting in the game scenario is often very subdued, almost black (to me). Additionally I have a touch of arthritis in my fingers and am not too nimble on the keyboard. I enjoyed "Elite" on my BBC B, and "Lemmings" although the Windows version is in a tiny window. I have enjoyed hidden item games, but they are beginning to be much of a muchness.
So, given the above can Forum members suggest a game that I may freely download and try, that is free from malware?

wolfie3000 02:11 05 Aug 07

Heres a few you might like,

Shot online
click here

Gunbound
click here

YS flight simulator
click here

Knight online
click here

Golden fairway
click here

Flyff
click here

Sauerbraten
click here

Warrock
click here

Hope this helps.

acxxxx 02:22 05 Aug 07

Yes there are lots of games (your isps Home page is a good place to start), there is usually a page for free games (If you trust your ISP there won’t be any problems). Gaming doesn’t have to be expensive. Stick to sites and shops you trust and advice from people you know (like you would with any software you install).

To start you off try this (silly but there you go).

click here

smokingbeagle 02:45 05 Aug 07

"The Games Giveaway of the Day team are on vacation but the giveaway will be back in a few weeks."
click here
Good site for other "giveaways" as well.

BT 08:44 05 Aug 07

If you like Mahjong type games there's an excellent free download at
click here
Ther are lots of different games in the download and the graphics are excellent.

Pine Man 09:12 05 Aug 07

Do you know if it works on Vista?

dukeboxhero 19:52 05 Aug 07

click here some here to browse

skidzy 21:20 05 Aug 07

If your looking for something a little addictive,try jardinians click here not played this myself for a while but the other half loves it.

These games are not free,well have a trial version but a very good service from Retro64.
click here

We have a few of these games on the laptop,and the boss in doors loves em.click here

Are you looking for an online game or just a standalone game loaded to the computer ?

Another the kids play and adults alike is Conquer Online click here

robgf 00:41 06 Aug 07

You can find some freeware puzzle games here:
click here

I particularly enjoyed Snake Slider and LaserTank.

BT 08:28 06 Aug 07

Pine Man

I don't know if it works on Vista as the most recent update was Sept 06, but its worth a try. It worked on Win98,ME and XP.

martjc 11:08 06 Aug 07

...if you liked the Elite game, this is similar.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5