fray bentos

rdave13 22:11 25 Apr 09

Following the load of spam being deleted on these forums, lately, I decided to Google 'corned beef' (just to be awkward) and found this interesting 1966 extract from 'Lost Cowboys: From Patagonia to the Alamo'. An interesting read; click here

Brumas 22:23 25 Apr 09

Well, I found it very interesting but then I have to say I have always preferred fact to fiction.

rdave13 22:49 25 Apr 09

Even 'recent' history is fascinating. To be able to come across something like this on the internet, just on a whim, is also amazing. Even ten years ago it wouldn't have been as easy.

lotvic 23:16 25 Apr 09

I enjoyed reading that, it was kinda fascinating.
Thanks rdave13

Maybe Brumas will present us with a postcard of the place one Fri night ;-)

Brumas 23:25 25 Apr 09

Although Fran's tastes are quite eclectic I don't think they encompass this, so the chance of finding a postcard in her vast collection would be as remote as Bingalau winning a beauty contest ;o]]

Quickbeam 09:14 26 Apr 09

Corned beef or 'dog' as it's often called, is one of those once in a while simple meals that I suddenly have a craving for as a taste from the past.

Corned dog, chips & beans yummy... Best served chilled from the fridge and cut into 3/8" thick chunky slices:)

wiz-king 09:15 26 Apr 09

I remember during the Falkland war the only corned beef I could get was tinned Botswana cattle meat - it was delicious!

Quickbeam 09:18 26 Apr 09

Was that political sourcing?

Bingalau 10:00 26 Apr 09

Brumas. I haven't missed that derogatory remark, so another black mark goes against your name in my little book, I forget what colour the book is. But it matters not, your name is well and truly ticked.
Why have you got a double chin in your post above, by the way?

interzone55 14:01 26 Apr 09

If you like Corned Beef, this is how my favourite restaurant make their own...

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…