Foul Mouth Sitcom?

jakimo 11:47 22 Feb 11

But has script writers lost the art of making us laugh without these expletives

click here

Mr Mistoffelees 12:04 22 Feb 11

Not heard of this before so in no position to give my view of it, however, it has already been a hit in Ireland, so it appears that a lot of people do like to watch it.

Al94 12:06 22 Feb 11

Actually it's very common on Irish TV & Radio to year the "F" word and other expletives regularly used in various guises. That's where this show originated and while understandably many may find it offensive, it's quite funny in my opinion but there again my wife may disagree!

dagbladet 12:25 22 Feb 11

"But has script writers lost the art of making us laugh without these expletives"

I don't think so. For me a joke is not necessarily funny because it has swearing in it. Conversly it is not necessarily NOT funny because it has swearing in it.

A joke/comedy is either funny to an individual or not. We don't all laugh at the same things. I'd be surprised if there are not some people who having been alerted to the swearing content of this (and other) programmes will have already decided that it's not for them (fair enough), and will proclaim that it's not funny without watching it.

'The Inbetweeners' is riddled with juvenile and peurile swearing and I find it hilarious. Chubby Brown effing and blinding on stage for 2 hours leaves me cold.

Covergirl 12:43 22 Feb 11

. . . swearing on telly, just for the sake of it.

And is it Graham Norton who has managed to bring the C word to the chat show format?

Well, it's progress I suppose, but not necessarily in the right direction.

jakimo 12:44 22 Feb 11

Where is it defined that the F word is funny?,there are references to it being,obscene
and offensive

dagbladet 12:46 22 Feb 11

"Where is it defined that the F word is funny?,there are references to it being,obscene
and offensive"

I've no idea what you mean.

Al94 13:15 22 Feb 11

Thanks for the heads up Jakimo, didn't realise the series was showing on BBC1 - Sky Plus set to series record! As it's on at ten to midnight, hardly prime time viewing!

birdface 13:17 22 Feb 11

Switching over channels I landed on this one for the last 5 minutes and thought it was fairly funny.But having not seen it all I cannot make any comments on it.
But thought it was funny enough maybe to have a look at the next episode.
I myself do not like bad language on TV but did not find the language on it offensive.
I think it may get very popular but only time will tell.
Put it this way it was better than most of the other channels that I was scrolling through.

Quickbeam 13:30 22 Feb 11

And it's well know that in Father Ted, 'feck' was a nearer a replacement word than Ronnie Barker's 'naff', as used as a replacement in potage.

Quickbeam 13:32 22 Feb 11

That'll be Porridge, the spell checker's got a naff mind of it's own today!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…