Forum members online indicator

CurlyWhirly 00:25 16 Jul 04

I have been on a few other forums (although this PC Advisor forum is my favourite) and they have a light that is on when that particular member is online.
Wouldn't it be nice to see if the person that you are replying to was actually online?

Chegs ® 01:04 16 Jul 04

Not for me,its not a chatroom so I dont really care whose on/offline when I'm here. ;-)

CurlyWhirly 01:06 16 Jul 04

Good point!

spuds 02:02 16 Jul 04

Similar thoughts that Chegs as made.The forum would end up as a chatroom,which is what most people, I suspect, would not like. And think, wouldn't the forum editor have his work cut-out :o).

Forum Editor 07:42 16 Jul 04

for the reasons already given. It's not necessary to know who is online - the forum functions very well without that.

CurlyWhirly 07:56 16 Jul 04

Forum Editor

Enough said - bad idea!

Dorsai 22:00 16 Jul 04

It might be nice to know how may bods are on line though. Out of 143,000, how may are actually here, now? but regardless. i like this place. If it stays just as it is i will not complain.

CurlyWhirly 00:36 17 Jul 04

I agree with your comment about it would be nice to know out of 144,000 how MANY people are online so then you could post a question when there are lots of people online in the forum and you stand a much better chance of getting a reply!
I find this PC advisor forum absolutely invaluable for solving problems and expressing opinions.
Keep up the good work!

spuds 11:40 17 Jul 04

I would suspect that a vast majority of the 144.000 members are a silent part of the PCA forum. You only need to look on the contributors names, most who appear on a very regular basis.

Forum Editor 12:59 17 Jul 04

The vast majority of registered members log in to read the threads. Most of them rarely (if ever) post anything.

The number of people whose names you see in the threads on a regular basis is much smaller, and it's always been that way. You may only see a couple of dozen regular names on any particular visit, but there'll be many thousands more logged in and reading.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…