Is this forum going to the dogs

alan227 13:52 09 Aug 05

Over the past few weeks I am having trouble accessing the posts on this forum.
The main page will load, then when trying to access any of the postings it is like wading through treacle.
Sometimes I have waited 5 minutes and it still has not loaded.
Surely a leading PC magazine can sort its own website out.

LastChip 14:40 09 Aug 05

A week or so ago, our FE posted a note about the problems they were having and all the work that is being done behind the scenes to resolve the problem; so far it appears, with little effect.

I find it frustrating too, but you shouldn't forget just how large the membership is here and one can imagine how many users populate the forum at any given time.

I've no doubt eventually it will be sorted, but until then, it's patience I'm afraid.

Forum Editor 15:57 09 Aug 05

Thanks for the vote of confidence, it helps no end.

We've all been experiencing difficulties recently - as you would have realised, had you bothered to read any of the four or five threads that are running on the subject. Strange as it might seem to you, this site is incredibly complex behind the scenes, and with thousands of people online at any one time - all clicking threads and posts - it takes some delving to sort out problems like the one with slow-loading posts. We have a highly-qualified and extremely hard-working team on the job, but there isn't just one web site to take care of - we have over a dozen of them running in the European division of the group.

If you think you can do a better job email me immediately with a copy of your CV - otherwise perhaps you'll bear with us, we're very sorry to have been the cause of such irritation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…