Forum Facts..!!!

barca1 23:36 14 Apr 08

Found this intresting,the figures are amazing!!!

click here

Stuartli 23:56 14 Apr 08

Remember it's self promotion for the benefit of advertisers etc...:-)

Coffee Adict 00:02 15 Apr 08

The target audience figure was interesting though.

Forum Editor 06:54 15 Apr 08

Self-promotion it may be - and there's nothing wrong with that - but the statistics are provided by an independent audit source, not by us.

"the most popular technology forum in Europe" Undoubtedly, and the envy of the industry, of that there's no doubt.

barca1 08:36 15 Apr 08

One a lighter note looking @ those figures it must be such a demanding job for FE...i have this image of him never taking his eyes of the pc's...lol

anskyber 09:16 15 Apr 08

I liked the "where lively debate on topical IT issues sits abreast of advice on members' computer problems."

Promote away I say.

Stuartli 11:16 15 Apr 08

I have absolutely no quibble with IDG's promotional intentions or the figures provided - I did work in the media world for more than 40 years...:-)

What I was inferring is that the information provided was not really aimed at the general public.

Cymro. 11:19 15 Apr 08

Anybody know what other such computer forums are like? I came across this one by accident and never found the need to look for any other such site.

But am now wondering what are the others like. Are German forums typically German? What are American sites like? Do they have computer forums in China? If this is the best forum on the Internet what is the worst one like?

Stuartli 13:35 15 Apr 08

There are many thousands of computer forums...:-)

That's why PCA's success in such a highly competitive area of the World Wide Web is all the more praiseworthy.

Forum Editor 16:48 15 Apr 08

Some are pretty dire, some are OK, but I genuinely believe ours is best in terms of being able to provide help and advice rapidly, and across a wide range of subjects. We have the best Excel expert I have ever come across here, and many of our regulars know a great deal about hardware and software - we're very lucky in that respect.

Generally speaking I think you would be pressed to find a better forum, but if you ever find one let me know, and I'll send the boys round to cut their server's power feed.

Forum Editor 16:49 15 Apr 08

You're absolutely right, it's intended for potential advertisers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…