Forum Editors and Forum Editors

mbp 17:47 08 Jan 05

On this site, I often see posts posted by Forum Editor. Obviously there must be more than one Forum Editor. But there is not way for us to know if the Editor or this forum is the same editor of Helproom or Consumer watch. If there is more than one is there anyway we can identify one from the other. Surely each Editor has a different style and manerism, and one might be in a better mood than another. One Editor could be more ameniable to certain programs than another. How can we tell? Editors have the advantage that they can see who is posting and will certainly have certain opinions of that person, but we have no chance of assessing who is assessing us. Editors are therefore anonymous. Could they not have numbers assigned to themselves, or initials? Is the Editor an employee of PCA? Or are his services voluntary?

Newuser38 18:19 08 Jan 05

See page 8 of Feb 2005 PCA Online Forum Editor is Peter Thomas.

He is always there late at night wherever he is in the world, writes in the magazine - you do buy it dont you!! Has a business in addition to being the enormous support which makes this Forum what it is.

I suspect he is like Santa and has little helpers but to quote the football chant " There's only one FE"

Long may he survive.

VoG II 18:34 08 Jan 05

There is only one Forum Editor and a grand job he does too.

There may well be other "moderators" who keep an eye on us when the FE is having his 2 minute nightly sleep ;o)

spikeychris 18:52 08 Jan 05

The man don't sleep.

Totally-braindead 19:21 08 Jan 05

I don't see how he can sleep, he always seems to be on the Forum.

Forum Editor 19:23 08 Jan 05

although there are obviously other people who watch over things when I'm not around.

I certainly do sleep, but I'm one of those lucky people who seem to be able to manage on fewer hours in bed than perhaps the average. I think this has been something that has happened over the years because of my lifestyle, rather than being genetic. I travel a lot, and that plays havoc with your internal clock, and I also work late at night on my clients' web sites - it's often easier to do that at night when their servers are quiet. Sometimes when I'm posting in the early hours it's because I'm in a different time zone.

I try not to have bad moods when I'm here. There have been occasions when I could have cheerfully pressed the destruct button but thankfully they have been few and far between.

carolineann 19:35 08 Jan 05

There have been occasions when I could have cheerfully pressed the destruct button but thankfully they have been few and far between.

I think your sense of humour say's it all.

spikeychris 19:49 08 Jan 05

He won't admit it but there is a production line, somewhere there are ladies with white hairnets and face masks taking FE's off a conveyor belt and putting them in boxes ready to ship to PCA towers.

DrScott 19:52 08 Jan 05

I must say in the short time I've contributed to the PCA forum boards, I've been more than very impressed with FE's restraint and professionalism. I've not always agreed with FE, yet he's always very fair and always manages to maintain a remarkable level of detachment.

And there's only the one FE?! Marvellous!

I'm sure if I was an FE the power would probably go straight to my head, and I'd be deleting posts all over :)

dan11 21:04 08 Jan 05

"Or are his services voluntary? "

FE does not get a brass farthing for doing the job, he just asks for donations so he can get his second merc or the latest ibook he's got his eyes on.:-)))

end 21:12 08 Jan 05

do we dare ask where the destruct button is; then we can keep you away from it:))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…