Forum editor, have you ever asked for help on PCA?

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 13:52 13 Feb 05

Jut wondering have you ever asked a question on the PCA forums becouse you needed help?

Totally-braindead 13:54 13 Feb 05

I've seen a few of them.

Forum Editor 14:07 13 Feb 05

Several times - in fact I needed help yesterday, with an Excel formula. It took about two hours for me to have the answer.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 14:17 13 Feb 05

Needing help i thought id never see the day! :)

Forum Editor 14:33 13 Feb 05

and the person who thinks he/she knows all about it is a fool, a liar, or both.

Companies pay me to advise them about IT policies and practices, and to train their staff in the use of software, but quite often I find I'm learning from those I'm training. There's a certain girl in a client's office in Singapore who is the best I've ever seen when it comes to Microsoft Access databases - she can make the software do almost anything. She is allocated as my assistant each time I go there, and I always try to pick up some hints and tips from her in the course of our work together.

Mango Grummit 15:45 13 Feb 05

Reminds me that coming back from Jakarta one time, years ago now, I saw for the first time a handheld computer for sale in Singapore. A thing of pure wonderment it was at the time as indeed were the Singapore ladies as FE has acknowledged.

Mr Mistoffelees 17:44 13 Feb 05

Except when I don't!

josie mayhem 00:02 14 Feb 05

In work I'm the most knowledgable concerning computers, my posistion doesn't involve computers at all. But has soon as there is a problem, I'm dragged into the office, to sort or give an opinion before a call is made to head office for help.

My colleagues are always commenting on my knowledge of computers, but I always reply 'I know a fair bit, but there still alot that I don't know! but what I don't know I know where to look to find an answer' (normanly here)

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 09:24 14 Feb 05

I get that a bit in school.

One time someone tried to take the mick and said 'ha ha motherboard 2000'.

So i asked him what it is and he didn't know :->

Other than PCA the best place to go is

click here

It covers hardware,internet,software,operating systems

spuds 11:47 14 Feb 05

BIG Ben-- Watch it, you may get banned, suggesting that people transfer to another help forum.;o)

Good link though.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 13:40 14 Feb 05

I should have said.

only ONLY if PCA cannot solve the problem :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…