A form of home-made "virus"

bluto1 22:59 09 Mar 06

Recently I`ve received a number of e-mails from close friends with attachments of one sort and another, all asking the recipient to pass them on to " X " more people. I suspect most of you out there have received them too. In most of the cases I`ve ignored the "pass on" instruction at "my own peril", but when I thought about it I felt that, although each e-mail had been scanned and declared clear, this is a form of virus in itself, with the same message being transmitted to thousands of computers. A type of "passive" virus.
Any opinions?

SG Atlantis® 23:15 09 Mar 06

chain mail.

No, they are just a bloody nuisance and it ends up as bad as spammers are in clogging up the system.

However if they come with attachments or the like don't open them, infact I don't even bother to read them at all.

The last time I changed my email address I deliberately forgot to give the so called friends the new email addy that kept sending them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…