Forget Bin Laden - public enemy No1 is....

Seth Haniel 09:26 07 Nov 08
  peter99co 10:30 07 Nov 08

I like Photography and Trains but the modern stuff is not for me. I was on a train recently and a guy was recording carriage numbers. Why?

Now this is a different matter
Special tour of UK's new loco

click here

Cymro. 13:38 07 Nov 08

If you like steam trains try these two sites. Just down the road from me.

click here
click here

The Brigadier 14:11 07 Nov 08

Always thought they were shifty people!

Seth Haniel 15:15 07 Nov 08

Mallard is when it is covered in orange sauce.

The Brigadier 15:32 07 Nov 08

It' the PC brigade gone mad!
I know a guy who photographs planes & has done for 40 years.
Some of the TV companies even use his photos from time to time.
Seems taking photos could get him into trouble.

ventanas 16:14 07 Nov 08

Remember those photographers in Greece a few years ago, they were photographing planes and look what happened to them.

ventanas 16:16 07 Nov 08

Also I agree with peter99co. I frequently spend a day on the North York Moors railway between Pickering and Grosmont. Nostalgia!!

alB 17:21 07 Nov 08

We were in Porthmadog only a couple of weeks ago, I see that the new track has now been laid across the road in readiness for the joining of the two railways, should be a cracking journey once it's completed ...alB

peter99co 17:56 07 Nov 08

Stand by for an invasion of Snappers. The grand opening will be very special. Unfortunatly so will be the cost of a ticket to ride. It will be a real scenic experience though. Can't wait.

I do not see much chance of photographers being turned away but they could create a problem for each other.

Cymro. 14:51 08 Nov 08

"The grand opening will be very special. Unfortunately so will be the cost of a ticket to ride. It will be a real scenic experience though".

It is said locally that the scenery is even better than the line it joins up with to go on to Blaenau FFestiniog.

How much do you recon a ticket will cost then? I can`t see them doing it for less than £70. The extension of the line from Caernarfon to Porthmadog has cost well over £28 million. Not all us locals are in favour of it though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…