footy

semag 09:05 13 Jun 06

Nobody going to mention the World Cup?? ok i will, great event or what?

VoG II 09:11 13 Jun 06

Got Excel? click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:01 13 Jun 06

A team that failed to score a goal against Paraguay, whose players are paid £40k-£130k a week but cannot run around in the sun for 90 minutes, steadfastly refuse to blame themselves for any failings (referee, linesman, Maradonna, God's fault) and seem to think that a Liverpudlian with a broken bone is their saviour when, according to a quick calculation, there are 10 other 'men' in a team and whose biggest headline was some nerk acting like an arthritic robot who cannot put a penalty inbetween two sticks does not inspire too much confidence and little or no pride.

G

Jackcoms 10:04 13 Jun 06

Hear! Hear!

FE - you may now close this thread. ;-))

SANTOS7 10:17 13 Jun 06

Semag is right, "Nobody" is going to mention the world cup.
Have to say on what bit of it i did watch we just might win the world saucer!!!

The Spires 10:18 13 Jun 06

semag I think it's very un-great, & I for one will be glad when it's all over.

rmcqua 10:30 13 Jun 06

What a delightful description! I will use it at lunch time to taunt a few of my colleagues with flag-sprouting cars.

wolfie3000 10:58 13 Jun 06

i hate football i cant put it any clearer and will be glad when the world cup is over.

SG Atlantis® 11:00 13 Jun 06

I´m on hols at the moment, I thought great I´ll escape it for 11 days... No chance everywhere inc the hotel is showing the games. FCOL.

Even have beer louts running round with huge oversized flags, faces painted, this includes the holiday reps. Which I think is in appropriate for people publicly representing a company that will have customers from a lot of countries.

That´s my rant over... I agree with said opinions on the team.

wolfie3000 11:10 13 Jun 06

sorry to hear that SG we too in my sreet have loads of red and white painted lager swilling fools as theres a pub just off my street showing the games on a huge telly :(

wee eddie 11:28 13 Jun 06

I am afraid that the World that Science Fiction predicted is getting, much, much, closer.

Many of the Companies, that are involved, are more powerful than the Governments, of the Countries, whose teams are playing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…