Football World Cup Should England give it,s place to Sweden

iscanut2 12:09 PM 22 Nov 13
Answered

As our footballers have no chance of progressing in next year,s World Cup, should we give up our place to Sweden who would seem to have more chance based on last week,s showing against Portugal .

lotvic 12:20 PM 22 Nov 13

Hmm, we ought to have a Referendum on that first.

Algerian peter ™ 13:40 PM 22 Nov 13

We will have little chance of lifting the 2014 world cup but after our slim victory ( away goals ) against Burkina Faso we are going to compete. I do not understand the attitude of some who always look on the gloomy side. Yes your team may have little chance but it like ours they will be playing with some of the best footballers in the world. For those teams who did not get to the finals that is the nature of the nock out system.

Will you also scrap your rugby union and leauge teams. Bring home your cricket team from Australia. Stop all English from playing tennis and golf.

iscanut2 16:49 PM 22 Nov 13

My suggestion is not meant to be serious for goodness sake !!

Algerian peter ™ 18:43 PM 22 Nov 13

My suggestion is not meant to be serious for goodness sake !!

Then why did you post it?

rdave13 18:52 PM 22 Nov 13

Algerian peter, because, at times, humour can be appreciated. It's sport we're talking about not the end of the world.

I'm in the minority here but I appreciated your post for what it was meant to be iscanut2. A leg pull.

Don't bother again if I were you.

iscanut2 19:00 PM 22 Nov 13
Answer

Thanks rdave. Surely anyone would realise that my suggestion would have been totally impossible. You do wonder about some people having had a sense of humour bypass !

Algerian peter ™ 19:15 PM 22 Nov 13

Algerian peter, because, at times, humour can be appreciated.

So what is funny about

Football World Cup Should England give it,s place to Sweden

iscanut2 19:42 PM 22 Nov 13

I rest my case !

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to choose a photographer

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone