following the herd?

achilles 22:10 01 Nov 05

I prefer to see a variety of opinions, so the date order of postings was intereting-more like gossip you felt inclined to join in with, less intimidaating- it can be boring to trawl through really long arguements-can we choose how the search results are presented?
I have to say, it looks more like the other mag web sites-and that's not very friendly for technophobes who want to learn but get baffled when things aren't presented in a friendly (some may say idiot proof) manner

Forum Editor 23:07 01 Nov 05

I'm not with you - we haven't altered the way the threads or posts are presented. The date order is still the same as it has always been, and the threads work in just the same way. We've simply altered the appearance, and made the site run faster.

A major problem in the past was the way that the site periodically hit a wall - everything slowed to a crawl at times. We're pretty sure this isn't going to happen now - everyone can surely see how much faster the forum is.

VCR97 19:45 02 Nov 05

Although his/her post isn't very clear I think that achilles is referring to the Search results, which are no longer in date order.

Forum Editor 18:27 06 Nov 05

Thwey're not in date order because they're ranked - similar to an Internet search engine's returns.

Search for the word 'Microsoft' and you get the thread with the most occurrences of that word at the top of the list. You can choose which forum areas to search as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…